Other clubs' transfers

TBG

We are apparently very close to signing Roberto from Fluminense. Flip, what do you know about him?

No nothing, but will get on the case as my cousin is a huge Fluminense fan. Will see what he has for me.

Says he's a talented footballer, but that he doesn't understand this move as the kid seems to like to party a bit and has been injured consistently so hasn't gotten enough chances and players like Gerson and Kenedy (Chelsea) got more playing time and more time to develop than him.

So in other words, the usual talented Brazilian player that unless he matures as well as gets rid of his injuries won't amount to much.

So, transfer window!

We have sold Alex Grimaldo to Benfica for €1,5m. The lad looked like a monster leftback in the making when he first appeared for Barça B 5 years ago, but sadly some very serious injuries have stunted his development.

We are heavily linked with Denís Suárez, who we sold to Villarreal with a buyback clause. Lucho already tried to get him back in the summer, but we were blocked by FIFA (he was away on a loan at the moment, and it was a grey area). He seems to rate him, although with Arda Turan I'm not sure we need more AMs.

Besides that, it doesn't seem we'll do much business this window.

What was the patter with that kid who was signed and then immediately had his contract terminated for social media comments? :lol:

Sergi Guardiola, a dude that was signed to boost Barça B, who are doing poorly. It was discovered that he had written some pretty nasty stuff about Barça and Catalonia on twitter a couple years ago, and his contract was terminated.

It's not the first time it happens. Depor also signed a dude in the summer and was also fired a few hours later, after it surfaced that he had bashed them on twitter.

There's a bit of twitter hysteria in Spain at the moment. Quite a few public people (politicians, mostly) have left their posts after people dug up stupid shit they said on twitter before being elected.

Buyback clauses should be banned but I suppose that a blanket ban would stagnate certain youngsters. Would like to find a way for big clubs to have to take their chances like everyone else rather than hedge their bets and gain yet another advantage beyond their vast finances.

Nowt against Barca like and fair play to them. I feel similar about loans and it just irks me when clubs with almost infinite finances play the transfer system and the best young players end up fucking about on loan or on temporary transfers when they could be evening the odds between the haves and the have-nots.

Buyback clauses should be banned but I suppose that a blanket ban would stagnate certain youngsters. Would like to find a way for big clubs to have to take their chances like everyone else rather than hedge their bets and gain yet another advantage beyond their vast finances.

Nowt against Barca like and fair play to them. I feel similar about loans and it just irks me when clubs with almost infinite finances play the transfer system and the best young players end up f***ing about on loan or on temporary transfers when they could be evening the odds between the haves and the have-nots.

Although i do agree, i don't think buyback clauses not being there would change an awful lot with regards to the likes of Barca. If they want to buy someone back, they'll do it with relatively ease clause or not.

Do Barca have a buy back clause with Bellerin? Any idea on the fee if they do?

Hope they don't sign Deulofeu back

Wish we did. He was poached (fair play to Arsenal, it's not like we don't poach loads of youngsters ourselves).

Deulo has a clause, but I don't think he'll be back while Lucho is manager. Doesn't seem to like Deulofeu at all.