Other clubs' transfers

TBG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Schweinsteiger joining Chicago Fire on a one-year deal

One of my favorite players to watch in his prime, should still have plenty left to make a difference in MLS.

One of the biggest misconceptions going these days.

Does the MLS have a slower pace of play? Absolutely. But I'd wager that more often than not, these types of players coming for a "pay day" are found out.

It's not that bad of a league. Does it compare to the EPL? Not at all. But it has it's own pace, it's own athleticism, and it makes guys like Keane and Defoe and Henry look average, considering their Premier League experience.

One of my favorite players to watch in his prime, should still have plenty left to make a difference in MLS.

Does the MLS have a slower pace of play? Absolutely. But I'd wager that more often than not, these types of players coming for a "pay day" are found out.

It's not that bad of a league. Does it compare to the EPL? Not at all. But it has it's own pace, it's own athleticism, and it makes guys like Keane and Defoe and Henry look average, considering their Premier League experience.

I do agree regarding the other players, but Keane scored 101 times in 146 MLS matches (post-season included) :lol:

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/robbie-keanes-mls-stats-are-absolutely-ridiculous-88778

I do agree regarding the other players, but Keane scored 101 times in 146 MLS matches (post-season included) :lol:

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/robbie-keanes-mls-stats-are-absolutely-ridiculous-88778

Defoe had a better than 1 in 2 record for a short run. Henry just under 1 in 2. Is that the average in the MLS?

Bradley Wright-Phillips. The end.

Bradley Wright-Phillips. The end.

:lol: :thup:

Tbf to Cuba, I seriously doubt Bastian is going to tear up MLS. But his examples of Keane and Defoe looking average weren't exactly helpful for his case. Be better off citing people like Gerrard or going further back, bag of shit Rafa Marquez.

Absolute shite you are talking there as they didn't look average. Though I would say that schweinstiger is well past his best and probably will do nothing there