Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Reckon he'll still end up at Liverpool before the end of the window, mind.

Unfortunately. Can't see it being anything other than a case of waiting it out. Perhaps waiting for that transfer request.

I'm genuinely surprised tbh, don't ever recall a team backing off never mind apologizing. Fair play to Southampton for putting their foot down.

Liverpool wrote an apology to Fulham a few years ago after they tried to tap up Dempsey as well :lol:

How so? Why would you put a sensible release clause on the greatest player in your club's history?

It's not that. It's the total disdain for the value of money, especially when there is still widespread poverty and hunger in large parts of the world. Obviously no one will pay anywhere near that to buy him, and it's more of a symbolic value, but my point still stands about football being way too profligate with money.

How so? Why would you put a sensible release clause on the greatest player in your club's history?

It's not that. It's the total disdain for the value of money, especially when there is still widespread poverty and hunger in large parts of the world. Obviously no one will pay anywhere near that to buy him, and it's more of a symbolic value, but my point still stands about football being way too profligate with money.

Too many people willing to pay stupid money to watch football on TV imo, especially in the UK.

Milan in talks with Costa.

Suprised to see he's got less than 1 in 2 for Chelsea (58 goals in 120 games). Sure, they had a shocker of a season last year, but he's still won 2 league titles there.

It's because in this season and his first season he tends to disappear after Christmas.

In his first year Remy scored more between January and May iirc, although he's been fantastic from August to Christmas in both seasons.

I feel like he struggles to self motivate himself, seeing as both seasons Chelsea were winning the league by a significant margin come early Jan-Feb.

Liverpool have released a statement on the Van Dijk stuff.

"We respect Southampton's position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player."

That's well different.

Maybe they were put off by the rumoured £60m fee.

Or maybe they shat their pants.

Probably want to try and maintain good relations with them so that they can keep the conveyor belt working. That, and the fact they're already banned from recruiting youth players from British clubs meaning that another incident of tapping up could result in an outright transfer ban. I wouldn't be surprised if it is Klopp that has told them to stop dicking around.

They should sell him and donate the money to a local hospital. Init.