Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest neesy111

A deal is believed to have been struck at £30m with the Toffees prepared to offer the Icelandic international a £135,000-a-week contract to seal the deal

the f*** man

Seeing how these clubs have progressed and then looking at the state of NUFC is a disgrace. Envious of Everton ffs

Well they've just sold someone for the best part of 90million

And have a very wealthy majority shareholder.....

A deal is believed to have been struck at £30m with the Toffees prepared to offer the Icelandic international a £135,000-a-week contract to seal the deal

the f*** man

Seeing how these clubs have progressed and then looking at the state of NUFC is a disgrace. Envious of Everton ffs

Aye, because they paid £28m for him in the first place.  Pay peanuts get monkeys comes to mind.

the f*** man

Sure, it's not just that. I mean they're clearly on the up (again?), got a new 60,000 stadium coming in the next few years. Owners who clearly actually want to do something.

Not long ago (edit - thinking about it, early 2000's is a long time ago I suppose :lol: Doesnt feel like it for some reason) we were way ahead of them. Like I said it's not just them, seeing so many clubs moving forwards in these ways and we're just.. ugh.  I mean it's great that we have Rafa but Ashley is still here and will be for a long time it seems.  I get that we're in a bit of a "walk before you can run" scenario in only just getting promoted back to the Prem, but we seem to be struggling to pay £10m for a player

Everton spending ~200m (and counting) in the past 2 seasons just emphasizes it more

Guest firetotheworks

wish we would spend a fucking fortune on ordinary players like Everton. :hmm:

Spending the going rate on the players that Rafa wants would suffice.

Guest palnese

Once a blue, always fucking off from the Scouse mackems at the first opportunity.

Just like every half decent Geordie fucks off from Newcastle? :lol:

I'd be so disappointed with signing Rooney if I was an Everton supporter.

They're happy, and rightly so imo

Be like If Carroll went on to be one of the greatest English players of this generation then came back to us late in his career.  So what if he may be "past it", would still be class

You'd be happy with a 31 year old Andy Carroll who'd been crap for the last 2-3 years ago and wouldn't have been signed for any other reason than the fact he was from here? More fool you.

aye, it's all about what he'll do on the pitch (which will probably be not a lot seeing as he won't be a starter most of the time)

obviously

Aye, it could go either way but I reckon he'll do well and I'd be buzzing if I were an Everton fan this summer. He'll have to alter his game but he'll be working under a good, ambitious manager who can give him some attention now. He'll get the help he needs to adapt his game, because there's no way one of the great English talents of our time is finished at 31 imo.

Carroll coming back here is a hopeless comparison btw, he hasn't scored more than 250 goals for Man Utd. :lol: 

Aye, it could go either way but I reckon he'll do well and I'd be buzzing if I were an Everton fan this summer. He'll have to alter his game but he'll be working under a good, ambitious manager who can give him some attention now. He'll get the help he needs to adapt his game, because there's no way one of the great English talents of our time is finished at 31 imo.

Carroll coming back here is a hopeless comparison btw, he hasn't scored more than 250 goals for Man Utd. :lol: 

Hey, I did say "be like if", at least :shifty: