Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Nigeria have won 5 U17 World Cups and been runner up 3 times. Way more than any other country. That success never translates to U20 or full team, and the significant majority of the winning players disappear into thin air.

If they aren't fiddling the ages I'd be amazed.

They have had MRI testing in the u-17 tournaments since 2008 or so and since then Nigeria has won both the 2013 and 2015 u-17 titles. In fact, I believe they are tested before both the African and World level events so that players like Wilfried Ndidi who passed once can still be barred from competing. Maybe your hypothesis is that the NFF, which recently was unable to find funds to fly the players to the Olympics or provide match balls for a senior-level international, is using new age technological advances to defeat these measures, I don't know.

Fwiw, they have also have had plenty of success at u-20, Olympic, and senior level since the mid-90's, with good players worldwide. This is not Sri Lanka winning youth tournaments.

Well success in U-20 can be achieved using age cheating too. There is a clear and obvious disparity between the dominance of Nigerian U17 sides and the failures of the senior side in comparison. Now, maybe the 2013 and 2015 winning sides are going to lead onto a new golden generation for the Super Eagles. However I'd argue that what is more likely is that the vast majority of the players will disappear off the face of the earth and Nigeria will continue the recent joy of failing to qualify for the 2015 and 2017 major international tournaments.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/nigerian-u17-team-wiped-out-as-all-but-two-players-fail-age-test_sto5707677/story.shtml

Failures for 2015 and 2017 are irrelevant when compared with a victory in 2013 and consistent success in the tournaments previous to this. Nigeria has underachieved of course, but they have been at five of the past six World Cups and to the second round thrice, so the idea that they are a disaster at world level is laughable. Our players also do quite well abroad. Nigerian football is extractive (no serious local league or infrastructure) and corrupt and will probably fail until this not the case, but what does that have to do with Kelechi Iheanacho? He is clearly the age he states, and you are talking rubbish. Fwiw, the boys from 2013 are already doing quite well abroad, probably better than their Mexican or Swiss counterparts before them.

All of this may be true, but again you're ignoring the point that Nigeria goes from being THE dominant force in world football at youth level - to being a top 30/40 team at full international level. There is quite clearly something amiss there, more than simply a lack of infrastructure and solid local league. What's to say Iheanacho is the age he's saying he is? I bet a google search would return a load of Nigerian bloggers speculating that he's older. Simply can't take anything for granted considering track record.

Nigeria have won 5 U17 World Cups and been runner up 3 times. Way more than any other country. That success never translates to U20 or full team, and the significant majority of the winning players disappear into thin air.

They have had MRI testing in the u-17 tournaments since 2008 or so and since then Nigeria has won both the 2013 and 2015 u-17 titles. In fact, I believe they are tested before both the African and World level events so that players like Wilfried Ndidi who passed once can still be barred from competing. Maybe your hypothesis is that the NFF, which recently was unable to find funds to fly the players to the Olympics or provide match balls for a senior-level international, is using new age technological advances to defeat these measures, I don't know.

Fwiw, they have also have had plenty of success at u-20, Olympic, and senior level since the mid-90's, with good players worldwide. This is not Sri Lanka winning youth tournaments.

Well success in U-20 can be achieved using age cheating too. There is a clear and obvious disparity between the dominance of Nigerian U17 sides and the failures of the senior side in comparison. Now, maybe the 2013 and 2015 winning sides are going to lead onto a new golden generation for the Super Eagles. However I'd argue that what is more likely is that the vast majority of the players will disappear off the face of the earth and Nigeria will continue the recent joy of failing to qualify for the 2015 and 2017 major international tournaments.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/nigerian-u17-team-wiped-out-as-all-but-two-players-fail-age-test_sto5707677/story.shtml

Failures for 2015 and 2017 are irrelevant when compared with a victory in 2013 and consistent success in the tournaments previous to this. Nigeria has underachieved of course, but they have been at five of the past six World Cups and to the second round thrice, so the idea that they are a disaster at world level is laughable. Our players also do quite well abroad. Nigerian football is extractive (no serious local league or infrastructure) and corrupt and will probably fail until this not the case, but what does that have to do with Kelechi Iheanacho? He is clearly the age he states, and you are talking rubbish. Fwiw, the boys from 2013 are already doing quite well abroad, probably better than their Mexican or Swiss counterparts before them.

All of this may be true, but again you're ignoring the point that Nigeria goes from being THE dominant force in world football at youth level - to being a top 30/40 team at full international level. There is quite clearly something amiss there, more than simply a lack of infrastructure and solid local league. What's to say Iheanacho is the age he's saying he is? I bet a google search would return a load of Nigerian bloggers speculating that he's older. Simply can't take anything for granted considering track record.

He has passed several scientific third party tests proving as much. Adam Armstrong hasn't passed a single one, so it is my position to now foolish speculate that he was born in Brunei in the year 1976. I have a better case than you do for Iheanacho. Most teams just cannot deal with the physicality of our players at youth level. This is why 2013 excited me much more than 2015, Kelechi's side played great football, 2015 just ran past and pushed through less physical sides. Nigeria is still one of the fastest and strongest at senior level, but more is required there and we lack often lack the technique and more crucially organisation of the top tier sides, in addition to the issues previously stated. This is just my opinion though, anyone with knowledge on the matter can form their own.

He has passed several scientific third party tests proving as much. Adam Armstrong hasn't passed a single one, so it is my position to now foolish speculate that he was born in Brunei in the year 1976. I have a better case than you do for Iheanacho. Most teams just cannot deal with the physicality of our players at youth level. This is why 2013 excited me much more than 2015, Kelechi's side played great football, 2015 just ran past and pushed through less physical sides. Nigeria is still one of the fastest and strongest at senior level, but more is required there and we lack often lack the technique and more crucially organisation of the top tier sides, in addition to the issues previously stated. This is just my opinion though, anyone with knowledge on the matter can form their own.

surely it's just a physical development thing to some degree, big enough to push people around whenn they're kids but not later on

England are fairly decent at youth level and totally appalling at senior level/international tournaments.

Maybe Gary Cahill is really 72.

If you ignore the U20 WC win, we really haven't been any better at any level, tbh.

:lol:

Iheanacho as 1 in 3 for City with plenty of appearances off the bench. Guardiola described him as a natural goalscorer. He's only 20.

This is good business from Leicester. Can't believe we weren't in for him.

Actually wait, yes I can  :lol:

Espanyol have signed Granero. That's a great addition for them, they've been crying for a creative force in midfield for ages.

We have released Mathieu who's now going to sign for Sporting CP. Even though he's awful, this leaves us a little thin in the CB department.

We are going to struggle aren't we?

As it stands yes, seemingly not much ambition as usual, and Ashley happy to do the minimum and hope to survive.

Currently i'm still optimistic. We've seen a player that everyone (manager/board) agrees on in terms of quality:cost ratio and we've signed him. No doubt we stumbled a bit on the deal, but i firmly believe we did it with the best intentions of keeping the main funds for other players. If we had not ambition to sign more quality then we'd have not haggled over the structure of the deal, paid upfront knowing we're going to buy fuck all else. It probably got Rafa frustrated and the fans nervous, especially when we've enquired of other players and not bit due to the prices being quoted. I think we also know should we return in a few weeks the prices will change as clubs start dealing and making moves. As it stands its been a quiet start by all, and we're waiting on a few key deals going through to spark the market in to life.

Its this that i believe is holding us back rather than lack of ambition or waiting to sell. We're happy to pay a fair price and sell for a fair price, everyone else right now are greedy fuckers demanding the earth for shite and average players hoping to get lucky. Again i reckon had Everton waited a couple more weeks they'd have had Pickford for 25-30% less but they haven't been smart imo and decided that getting in early was more key to their plans than anything else. Fair enough, but we won't do that as we're not in Everton's position financially or standing.

We will sign players, and they'll be good ones, but right now when the market isn't stimulated there isn't any value showing. That'll all change soon enough when clubs need to make moves of their own...alternatively we can buy expensive tat or over the odds for our key targets draining funds for other positions. I also believe none of our key targets have moved or we'd probably pay the rate asked so we don't miss out.

I could be totally wrong of course, just my opinion.

Guest neesy111

Scenes on here when we match the offer too.

I look forward to when we find the magic money tree for our signings.

Premier League champions Chelsea have now made a move to re-sign Lukaku, who played for the Blues before moving to Everton for £28m in July 2014.

However, they are not willing to match the fees Lukaku's agent Mino Raiola will earn if the forward joins United.

:anguish:

Guest palnese

Can't wait for Rafa to resign so I can finally be done with this shite. :lol: fuck off football