Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Significantly higher risk that they'll keep him, still go down and lose him for pittance.

Their reasoning makes sense, and I'd be all for it if I were a Swansea fan, but £50m being the go-to price for any above average player ffs. The PL is horrid. Horrid.

He's not just 'above average' though. He's one of the best no.10s in the league.

City apparently in talks for Reina.

The most pointless transfer of the window

Hart's leaving, Napoli want Bravo, he's the perfect number 2 keeper for a Champions League club.

And there's a decent chance that their new keeper might find it hard to adjust straight away and Reina is a solid keeper to step in if needs be

But also Rodriguez would not sign for Everton. It's not the same.

Rodriguez back under Carlo. He's going to be brilliant.

So you're saying James to Man Utd wouldnt have been the same sort of deal?  Or if Barcelona wanted Sigurdsson for some reason they wouldnt be quoted a price of £50m like Everton?

Everton bid 40m for Sigurdsson.

Apparently they've rejected £40m. I hope we walk away from this deal. Already far too much for a player whose main strength is set pieces.

Everton can do better for £40-50m like. They've got the likes of Baines already who can take a good set-piece. They could easily get a marquee player for that.

Now for someone like Leicester, he could possibly be worth that sort of money because he's as good as they could attract and he'd be replacing Mahrez's set-piece ability as well.