Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest neesy111

Barcelona have bid €80million (£72m) for Liverpool's Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho.  :yikes:

Good price in today's market if they get him.

Increasingly obvious it's a bubble, which at some point will pop. All of a sudden no-one will be willing to match expected TV rights on the next deal and suddenly clubs will find themselves with ludicrous financial obligations and much less income, or something of the sort. It may be a long time till it pops who knows but it's getting so far out of line with any kind of sense.

I reckon these fees are about three times what I'd say would seem appropriate (whatever that means when we're talking about buying footballers). £24m for Coutinho, £25m for Lukaku, £18m for Walker seems alright; big money for top players but fair enough. It's just gone ballistic in the last year or so. :lol:

This market is mental.

The rate of it getting out of control has accelerated so much in the past year. Generally speaking, above average players go for what you would have paid for an excellent player just a few years ago.

Guest firetotheworks

I reckon these fees are about three times what I'd say would seem appropriate (whatever that means when we're talking about buying footballers). £24m for Coutinho, £25m for Lukaku, £18m for Walker seems alright; big money for top players but fair enough. It's just gone ballistic in the last year or so. [emoji38]

This market is mental.

£20m for Walker

£30m for Lukaku

£40m for Coutinho

In old money probably. There's nowhere to go with it. In the current market you'd be paying half a billion for Messi tbh.

Totally agree with the view that prices are ridiculous, but aren't the prices roughly the same percentage of turnover as they have been for the last 15-20 years? Turnover has increased hugely and so fees have increased proportionately. Just a shame some of the extra cash hasn't gone towards lower ticket prices or stadium/academy spend.

Wonder what Villa's wage bill is. They went big last summer then in January and looking like it again this window but I don't really hear of anyone leaving of note.

Think Mrs Doubtfire will have them challenging for promotion. Mackems are up against it.

Guest neesy111

Increasingly obvious it's a bubble, which at some point will pop. All of a sudden no-one will be willing to match expected TV rights on the next deal and suddenly clubs will find themselves with ludicrous financial obligations and much less income, or something of the sort. It may be a long time till it pops who knows but it's getting so far out of line with any kind of sense.

People said that at the last TV deal.

Guest neesy111

All this Neymar/PSG stuff sounds dodgy as fuck. Apparently trying to get him to pay his own release clause off through a company to avoid FFP.

Ahh, the contractor route role.

It maybe more to avoid paying VAT on the deal, as in spain if you meet the release clause then you need to pay VAT on top.  It's what did Man Utd initially when they tried to sign Herrera under Moyes.

Guest firetotheworks

Samba, Terry, Whelan, Jedinak. Quite the pacey quartet there.

Every upcoming opposition's report on Villa: They won't play a high line, try and somehow get them to play a high line.

I reckon these fees are about three times what I'd say would seem appropriate (whatever that means when we're talking about buying footballers). £24m for Coutinho, £25m for Lukaku, £18m for Walker seems alright; big money for top players but fair enough. It's just gone ballistic in the last year or so. [emoji38]

This market is mental.

£20m for Walker

£30m for Lukaku

£40m for Coutinho

In old money probably. There's nowhere to go with it. In the current market you'd be paying half a billion for Messi tbh.

Everton paid 28m for Lukaku 3 years ago and he's scored over 70 goals since then.

Guest neesy111

Aye, Lukaku is easily worth 50m in prices from a couple years ago.  He would had went for over £100m if he had longer than year on his contract.

Guest firetotheworks

This market is mental.

£20m for Walker

£30m for Lukaku

£40m for Coutinho

Everton paid 28m for Lukaku 3 years ago and he's scored over 70 goals since then.

Fucking hell, aye. You've got a point.

This market is mental.

£20m for Walker

£30m for Lukaku

£40m for Coutinho

Fucking hell, aye. You've got a point.

No need to be so shocked m8