Newcastle United vs sunderland - 01/02/14 @ 12.45pm (No TV)

TheGuv
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:anguish:

This game couldn't have come at a worse time.

Bit like the away one too when Dummet ended up in central defence.

We should however console ourselves that despite the hype they really are a truly awful side and what they've achieved recently has been more by bungling their way through games than playing with any style.

What concerns me is that since Poyet arrived they've taken to diving and cheating big style especially Johnson, and that in almost every game they've played there's been one really nasty tackle trying to injure an opponent. We will need a strong referee.

Bit of creativity in that side, mind. Even with a CM of Faye and Clark.

f*** me you forget some of those line-ups...

Given, Carr, Moore, Bramble, Babayaro, Solano, Faye, Pattison (Clark 80), N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Chopra.

... won 3-0.

People tend to sweep the last 1-2 years under the carpet when it comes to the Shepherd/Ashley debate.

No two ways about it. This is war. Revenge must be had, and with a big scoreline to boot. The inbred spackems need reminding of who they are. The personnel won't matter (Vaughan scored ffs). Need players like Debuchy, Tiote and Sissoko to play with that edge and stick it to these fuckers.

3-0 to the mags - goals from Debuchy, Sammy and HBA.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We should however console ourselves that despite the hype they really are a truly awful side and what they've achieved recently has been more by bungling their way through games than playing with any style.

What concerns me is that since Poyet arrived they've taken to diving and cheating big style especially Johnson, and that in almost every game they've played there's been one really nasty tackle trying to injure an opponent. We will need a strong referee.

Phil Dowd :thup:

Guest reefatoon

Phil Dowd :thup:

Should have been his brother, Wellen.  Much more suited to Bigger games.

Given, Carr, Moore, Bramble, Babayaro, Solano, Faye, Pattison (Clark 80), N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Chopra.

... won 3-0.

People tend to sweep the last 1-2 years under the carpet when it comes to the Shepherd/Ashley debate.

In the Ashley era we've bettered that season once. And been relegated of course. :thup:

Assuming we get the transfers done we may get to see Percy making some subs to give us a lift?

---------------------------Krul----------------------------

Debuchy-----Willo-----------Taylor---------Santon

----------------Anita---------Tiote------------------

---Benarfa-----------Sissoko---------------Gouff

-------------------------Shola-------------------

Bring on De Jong for Shola, clementine for sissoko and sammy for Gouff

It seems I may be on my own, but I am feeling fairly positive about this. Yes, Norwich were woeful and we should have beat them, but lets not pretend Sunderland are anything special. Assuming Gouff is fit to come in for Remy then I would keep the same line up and tactics.

Sunderland are shite, but they are picking up results despite that. It might just come down to which team wants it more and which manager executes the game plan better. On either score I'm not confident.

... won 3-0.

In the Ashley era we've bettered that season once. And been relegated of course. :thup:

We were in freefall. The season after that, Sheff Utd went down and the only difference between us was a late Steven Taylor winner at Bramall Lane. They'd have finished above us if they'd beat us.

Guest neesy111

... won 3-0.

We were in freefall. The season after that, Sheff Utd went down and the only difference between us was a late Steven Taylor winner at Bramall Lane. They'd have finished above us if they'd beat us.

Could easily say last season went similar to 06/07.

Annoying as fuck to think even if we lose again, Pardew will get away with it.

All he has to do is get our players more motivated than theirs and our better players and home advantage should be more than enough to see us win comfortably even without Remy.