Clément Grenier

LRD

I think we would have a chance if £11m is the real asking price, no reason to believe it is mind.

£11m sounds reasonable enough. It's a hefty fee for potential, and if it's true that Lyon are strapped for cash they are hardly going to ask a much higher fee to put potential buyers off.

Apparently Joe has a master plan.

When PSG phoned and asked how much for Cabaye, Kinnear's said 20m and PSG offered 20m Euros (£14m). Joe managed to clear that up and PSG paid up anyway. Buoyed by his success he phoned Lyon about Grenier and when they said £20m he offered it in Euros thinking he could trick those Frenchies.

He is learning, he should have a permanent transfer negotiated by 31st January 2017.

I think we would have a chance if £11m is the real asking price, no reason to believe it is mind.

MAybe it is, maybe it isn't. But our next bid/s will probably show if we're willing to spend around that amount or not.

Guest reefatoon

You keep reading about how much Ashley likes a gamble, but I have never seen such a pussy of a football club owner. He shows absolutely no sign of a gamble when it comes to us. Go on you bloated twatface, take a risk and splash a bit of money.

Guest reefatoon

For £11m it's not really that much of a risk, if that's the actual price I would like to think we'd go for it. Extremely high chance of being able to sell him for double.

If it wasn't much of a risk, we would offer it.  We look s*** scared of spending £10mil and over.

Guest bimpy474

The usual fucking shit then, can't replace a player. Jesus Christ this club is an absolute farce

We dont sign this lad, it'll be 18 months without a senior signing permanently by the end of the season. If he does it's still only one.

Absolute joke.

The usual fucking shit then, can't replace a player. Jesus Christ this club is an absolute farce

:lol: Happens all the time like.  I'm shocked we're even trying to be honest, thought we'd just leave it until the summer.

Not to sound all "fake bid lol", are we really trying though? I highly doubt it :undecided:

It's just daft, like. We've got absolutely shitloads of money because we never spend more than we bring in. And we've brought in loads.

It's not the 'Arsenal model' either, or whatever cover-up hogwash it was they came out with a couple of years ago. It's the Newcastle model, because there isn't another club in the league who operates our transfer policy in the same way that we do.

Whenever the transfer window comes around I really do feel like a mug supporting a club like this - NUFC circa 2010-. A club that doesn't want to invest and achieve things. I know that the actual sport in the sport has gradually depreciated in 'necessity' since capitalism clutched the opportunity -  for everyone - particularly in this league - but I still don't think there's another team around with such an obvious willingness not to progress. I wish we had a modicum of ambition because the club, at the worst of times, has a lot of potential. Right now we're actually set up pretty well, certainly in terms of fanbase, financial stability and the crux of the playing staff. We could've made a genuine stab at the CL this year... and for us not to have spent a penny!?... just... buh. No sport. Hey ho.

This post could've gone in any thread, like. Dunno. Thursday morning whinge.

The usual f***ing s*** then, can't replace a player. Jesus Christ this club is an absolute farce

We don't sign this lad, it'll be 18 months without a senior signing permanently by the end of the season. If he does it's still only one.

Absolute joke.

By the end of that time we'll also have removed Harper, Perch, Simpson, Gutierrez, Cabaye and most likely Remy from the senior squad.