Clément Grenier

LRD

Guest VanBarduck

Would prefer Cabella but assume that's just not happening.

Cabella looks better than he is on youtube. Trust me I rather spend £25M on Grenier than 10£M on Cabella.

We won't sign him.

s***!

I mean he's the real deal, classic, elegant number 10, I always thought he was made for Serie A.

I'm susprised we even made a bid, but who knows, Aulas wil consider every offer nowadays, he is so desperate to build his stadium.

Are OL having trouble with their new stadium?

Cabella looks better than he is on youtube. Trust me I rather spend £25M on Grenier than 10£M on Cabella.

aye Grenier looks a classier player and been linked with Napoli a few weeks ago who were reportedly offering more than 10m until they settled with Jorginho for a lesser fee. Looks a proper number 10.....

Anyone watched much of Ligue 1 this season? How do Gourcuff (also a number 10 / playmaker) and Grenier both fit into their system as I presume they`re very similar.

All the French press now reporting Aulas comments, so our interest confirmed by him but nothing much else cunt just laughed.

:lol:

French chairmen sound awesome. Demented Mike Ashleys.

MA bunged him a few grand yo play along

aye Grenier looks a classier player and been linked with Napoli a few weeks ago who were reportedly offering more than 10m until they settled with Jorginho for a lesser fee. Looks a proper number 10.....

Anyone watched much of Ligue 1 this season? How do Gourcuff (also a number 10 / playmaker) and Grenier both fit into their system as I presume they`re very similar.

Not to sure Cabella does look better, more exciting on he ball Benny style yes but he is to replace Cabaye we don't want a Benny type for that.

Not to sure Cabella does look better, more exciting on he ball Benny style yes but he is to replace Cabaye we don't want a Benny type for that.

Read that about 15 times. Really hurt my head

Guest VanBarduck

We won't sign him.

s***!

I mean he's the real deal, classic, elegant number 10, I always thought he was made for Serie A.

I'm susprised we even made a bid, but who knows, Aulas wil consider every offer nowadays, he is so desperate to build his stadium.

Finance plan is completed, constructions are starting, but Lyon still have to reimburse a shit load of money.

Local journos catch up again

Lyon president confirms Newcastle United's bid for Clement Grenier

29 Jan 2014 15:20

Lyon  president Jean Michel Aulas has confirmed that Newcastle United have bid for Clement Grenier

Lyon  president Jean Michel Aulas has confirmed that Newcastle United have bid for Clement Grenier.

The bid for the French midfielder is thought to be around £10million for the 23-year-old.

Aulas said today: "We have players who have been asked to go.

"We have had a proposal for Clement Grenier.

"And Aulas joked: "This is after a the departure...of...a number of Newcastle players.

"The Magpies and Aulas aren't strangers to each other after long talks to sign Bafetimbi Gomis last summer.

Back then the deal fell through when Marseille became involved in the bidding war for the player.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lyon-president-confirms-newcastle-uniteds-6644568

We won't sign him.

s***!

Finance plan is completed, constructions are starting, but Lyon still have to reimburse a s*** load of money.

Stadium money, 75% tax, no CL revenue...

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mike-ashley-scarf.jpg

:yao:

Guest VanBarduck

Exellent question, since Gourcuff is fit again Garde had to think of a new gameplan where they both can play as playmakers alternately.

Diamond-shaped midfield:

Lacazette      Gomis

Gourcuff

Grenier                Fofana

Gonalons

Grenier plays more often in a defensive role to make room for Gourcuff, but he's still more advance on the pitch than Fofana and Gonalons. This formations has been lethal since Garde implemented in the beginning of this year. 6 Games 6 wins for Lyon, Grenier is vital in Garde's mind which will make him even harder to buy.