Clément Grenier

LRD

It's how he works - cash on the table - take it or leave it. Mind cash on the table speaks quite loud nowadays.

Is it? What evidence is there that we don't negotiate? Every transfer we've done, we've just said a number and walked away? Seems a bit odd to me.

Nah Ian, I didn't mean it was that simple. Of course there will be a lower initial offer as there normally is in any kind of deal, and negotiation thereafter, but there will be an advised maximum which we will not go above. That maximum will be based on probable resale value and "cash on the table" means upfront rather than tick.

He's played hard ball all his life and whatever people may think about him he's proven to be quite successful at it.

It's how he works - cash on the table - take it or leave it. Mind cash on the table speaks quite loud nowadays.

Is it? What evidence is there that we don't negotiate? Every transfer we've done, we've just said a number and walked away? Seems a bit odd to me.

Nah Ian, I didn't mean it was that simple. Of course there will be a lower initial offer as there normally is in any kind of deal, and negotiation thereafter, but there will be an advised maximum which we will not go above. That maximum will be based on probable resale value and "cash on the table" means upfront rather than tick.

He's played hard ball all his life and whatever people may think about him he's proven to be quite successful at it.

Then I agree, sorry!

Daily Star say £10m, but Lyon demand £14m and wont budge.

From what I've heard I wouldn't pay £14m for him if Cabaye left for just a bit more. Grenier is apparently a very talented player, but inconsistent as fuck.

Anyway I'm pleased that we're at least trying to replace Cabaye. Or maybe pleased that it appears we're trying, I dunno.

Either way, they won't get any credit from me if it doesn't come off. We can afford him.

Anyway I'm pleased that we're at least trying to replace Cabaye. Or maybe pleased that it appears we're trying, I dunno.

Either way, they won't get any credit from me if it doesn't come off. We can afford him.

:thup:

Its that wanting to believe we are serious about getting him but knowing we probably won't.

So Pardew was talking about using the Cabaye money wisely. So are we just supposed to forget we spent nothing in the summer? I assume that just means there was no budget available then?

Anyway if I was a gullible wanker and assumed all this was true that we've made a bid etc. I suppose it's not that bad considering PSG originally bid £14m and then we negotiated to £19-20m. But with time running out there's not really much room for negotiating, they need to move fast if they genuinely want him.

Have watched Lyon a few times this season but didn't really notice him although the team as a whole were playing some fantastic football. Sounds like a good player, no excuses for not getting him in and as usual it sounds as if it is coming down to an extra million or two.

'Playing hard ball' is fine - for him...have NUFC won any silverware yet...???

There's nowt wrong with bidding £8.5m (same way PSG's opening offer was £14m) if we had the confidence we'd increase and get him. I can't see us doing it.

Exactly,  that's the problem here we won't do what PSG did.

It's not like we don't have the money either......