Clément Grenier

LRD

Guest alijmitchell

This 'fake bid' patter is rancid btw. Wouldn't make any sense to leak a bid if there just wasn't one at all. What exactly would that achieve?

good grief

I just mean that I don't think it is such the 'pr stunt' to get the fans onside. When have they ever considered the fans perspective in decision making? The likelihood of them putting in a low offer this late in the window through incompetence is high, but the likelihood of a conspiracy to create a fake bid to placate fans is low.

This 'fake bid' patter is rancid btw. Wouldn't make any sense to leak a bid if there just wasn't one at all. What exactly would that achieve?

good grief

I just mean that I don't think it is such the 'pr stunt' to get the fans onside. When have they ever considered the fans perspective in decision making? The likelihood of them putting in a low offer this late in the window through incompetence is high, but the likelihood of a conspiracy to create a fake bid to placate fans is low.

What people mean by a fake bid isn't necessarily a non existing bid, it's a bid the club makes knowing full well it will never be accepted. They then leak it and it makes them look busy so they can say they tried. It's something we've done multiple times over Ashley's time here, so it's completely believable that this is what we're doing now to deflect from the fact we've just (once more) made a mega profit from transfer activities.

Man you must have been here back when the whole late N'zogbia bid thing happened and later turning out there was no bid etc? Numerous other examples of way below value bids.

It's perfectly easy to see why they would do it, especially when they know some fans will be angry to lose Cabaye. They know if it looks like they are trying to sign a replacement  then any anger will die down.

Man you must have been here back when the whole late N'zogbia bid thing happened and later turning out there was no bid etc? Numerous other examples of way below value bids.

It's perfectly easy to see why they would do it, especially when they know some fans will be angry to lose Cabaye. They know if it looks like they are trying to sign a replacement  then any anger will die down.

Bit of a difference between slapping in a £12m bid for a player with 2 hours to go, and making bids with 2 days to go.

They also 'bid' for Kieron Richardson, when he was at the mackems (season when we were relegated) The club has form for lying to the media and fans and has admitted as such - over the KK debacle. I can't see them stopping just because they were caught 'once'.

Bit of a difference between slapping in a £12m bid for a player with 2 hours to go, and making bids with 2 days to go.

I disagree. I hope we sign Grennier, but I have little faith in it happening, purely on what they have done in the past.

Guest alijmitchell

Maybe it's me sitting hairs here, but I took fake bid to mean non-existent. I'm obviously aware of the zog bid, but that was the only instance of us putting in a bid that wasn't actually there right? Wasn't that some some of cunting around specifically aimed at Wigan and whelan? Anyway, as I've said I'm sure through incompetence and miserliness that we have slapped in stupidly low bids consistently, but I put it down to penny pinching and ineptitude rather than a grand scheme to keep the fans happy. If they were interested in that, the fuck they bring in kinnear for? Fwiw, they've ridden out bigger storms than cabaye leaving. Off the top of my head, Keegan, Carroll, Hughton, Relegation and Kinnear caused more shite than this. I get your point about fake bids being the same as shite bids in people's minds like.

Maybe it's me sitting hairs here, but I took fake bid to mean non-existent. I'm obviously aware of the zog bid, but that was the only instance of us putting in a bid that wasn't actually there right? Wasn't that some some of c***ing around specifically aimed at Wigan and whelan? Anyway, as I've said I'm sure through incompetence and miserliness that we have slapped in stupidly low bids consistently, but I put it down to penny pinching and ineptitude rather than a grand scheme to keep the fans happy. If they were interested in that, the f*** they bring in kinnear for? Fwiw, they've ridden out bigger storms than cabaye leaving. Off the top of my head, Keegan, Carroll, Hughton, Relegation and Kinnear caused more s**** than this. I get your point about fake bids being the same as s**** bids in people's minds like.

http://www.islay.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/hare-ardnave.jpg