Clément Grenier

LRD

Guest BenArfa10

At this rate it's looking like a David Craig Friday morning ''Newcastle have informed us that they are closed for business' statement.

It's almost as if we lodged the bid fully knowing full well it had no chance of being successful.

Oh you cynic.

At least they tried. That's the main thing.

...and it was "substantial" so no-one can criticise them at all.

The thing that perplexes me is the amount of fans we have who buy this nonsense hook, line and sinker. Thank fuck I wasn't stupid enough to buy a ticket for Saturday's likely farce.

What is anyone buying?

That there's an intention from the club's hierarchy to do anything other than make money out of the club.

The lad has to be careful not to ruin his Lyon career if this does not happen but the only word that stands out in his quotes is "nearly" its not a no its a it could happen.

I find it very refreshing to see a young player behave in the right way.

This will run until 11pm Friday

Mark Douglas knows fuck all like the rest of us. But either way as everyone has been saying all day. This was never going to happen and it's disgusting.

Fans were rightly pissed off after the summer window when they spent nowt and now this is even worse by spending nothing again but in the process losing our best player and bagging £20m

:lol: so obvious

Some will still defend it as genuinely trying though.

Not me, trying is not the issue. Either we make signings or we don't.

The very fact that so few fans care about 'trying' makes the made-up bids thing so ridiculous in the first place.

Im waiting for us to do fuck all and when the window closes we will see the headline Newcastle have 30 million warchest for summer

worrying if this was the case (not saying our budget will be 30) but will need about 20 million to secure our current 2 loan strikers