If You Owned The Club, What Would You Do?

Guest snoopythewriter

Guest Howaythetoon

First of all I would set about the complete and full removal of all Sports Direct, Wonga and any other associated branding from the club, including stadium, publications, training ground, kit etc. I would replace the Newcastle United with the proper format. I would then reinvest several million pounds towards modernising SJP in the form of a good old new lick of paint, black and white seats, lettering over the seats etc. I'd also install the old gates properly and not against a wall.

I'd then go to Puma and ask them to design several kits based on the history of our kits and put them to a fans vote, I'd do this with every kit. We would keep the same kit for two years and do away with the 3rd kit. The fans will decide basically which kit we wear. Providing Puma give us enough money of course. If not I would find another kit supplier. We are NUFC, one of the world's most reconisable football clubs, if you want to kit us out, you have to be prepaired to pay for that privilege. If no-one is willing, fuck it, we will make our own, using local companies.

The kit sponsor for the away shirt will be the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. The home shirt will feature a different local charity/business every home game to promote our region's own interests and business'.

I would do away with all forms of advertising at the stadium, instead I'd replace it with local charity information and social messages.

I'd open up the training ground to fans, members only though, all proceeds go towards the academy. I'd put on a few games and player meet and greet sessions, any tactical or game stuff remains 'in doors'.

I'd invest 20m a year into the academy on coaches, science, doctors etc. and of course young talent. I'd make the academy the hub of the club with the aim of developing coaches, managers and new players for the first-team for generations and generations. I'd create our very own unique coaching courses. I want our future manager one day to come from within, someone who doesn't have to have played the game.

I'd affiliate the club with every single kids' footy club/team in the area. I'd buy Gateshead FC too and use them as a feeder club, but try and keep them as independent as possible. i.e. you get the pick of any of our youngsters etc. but if they aren't doing it in training, its up to the manager who he picks. Remember its all about development.

I'd look into extending SJP. I would retake over the catering and stewarding/safety side of things and revamp them, using local people and local firms.

I'd do away with all the various pubs and restaurants at the club which outside of match days make next to nothing, and instead increase actual match day hospitality. I'd create two singing sections at each end.

I'd ask Kevin Keegan if he'd like an ambassadorial role at the club, a paying job that requires him to be the voice of the club on all social matters, to sell the club to would be new players or managers etc. to basically be the figure-head for the club.

I'd set-up a pre-season tournament every 3 years involving all of Sir Bobby's former clubs, all match day profits from group games going to his charity. The winners get to host the competition. I'd make it competitive too by making the final a £1m pound match, the proceeds going to the charity of choice of whoever wins.

I'd fill all the corridors and pathways of SJP with pictures of past players, former glories, great moments from matches etc. I'd rename the East Stand the Joe Harvey Stand. I'd build monuments to celebrate the players and people who won us trophies. I'd turn the stadium into a shrine to all those who have graced the club, served the club with honour etc.

I'd turn Shearers/9 bar into a proper museum, where fans can watch old matches, watch old players in action, listen to interviews, read old match reports etc.

I'd buy land in the club's name and build houses and stuff for the players. Every player who signs for us will get their own personal rep to help them while they are at the club.

I'd create a club policy booklet that every player has to sign and agree to.

Every time we play a friendly I'd give up 2 places in the side to fans, so fans can play for their club, even if its for a short while. This would be done by randomly picking ST holders from a database.

I'd then create a supporters trust and hand the club over to the fans, making it illegal for any one person to ever own NUFC. The club will be the fans', always.

It'd quite fun seeing the likes of Brian Kilcline running around inside Shearer's taking out unsuspecting punters loitering around the bar not realising that the old guard were lurking around playing against each other.

- sack board, manager and coaching staff

- bring in Keegan at board room level, even offering him a minority stake in the club

- hire a young chairman with something to prove who's worked at a top club

- hire a manager who plays brilliant football and understands our club and city

- no more defeatist bull shit spouted by anyone in the club

- sack puma and bring in nike

- reinvest in the academy/training center and make it one of the best in the world

- hire a commercial director to bring in top a-plus partners

Just some off top of my head.

I'd run onto the pitch with a ball, do a few kick ups then smash the ball into an empty net, just like Michael Knighton did. During his three minutes of credibilty. Because it looked loads of fun.

I wanna be a billionaire so fricken bad, buy all of the French team we never had. I wanna be on the cover of shoot magazine, smiling next to shearer and Messi

• Off the pitch

• Run a smear campaign against Joe Kinnear.
    • Summon Kinnear to a press conference whereby he has to admit
    • Tear down all SD advertising
    • Remove the shite Newcastle United in SD typeface from the East Stand - melt it down, donate the money to the children's heart unit or something
    • Re-assess the ticket pricing structure
    • Make away tickets available for general sale
    • Get the Academy up to Grade 1 standards or whatever it currently isn't

On the pitch

• Establish board of ex-players/club legends and "football men" eg. David Dein
  • Expand the scouting network
  • Identify suitable manager and invite him to accompany me to games
  • Sack Pardew having already lined up above manager.  Just like what happened with Hughton
  • Insist we go all out in the cups, to be rewarded with incentives
  • Immediately clear the deadwood/shite