Chelsea 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Dave

Not the worst half, Chelsea have been very good, both goals good, we haven't hoofed it so much as barely been able to keep the ball anyway.

I just don't care all that much anymore tbh. We'be been blunt and Taylor is a fraud.

We've been poor in the first half, Chelsea really haven't had to try or work hard for anything.

We haven't kept the ball and we also haven't retained our shape.

I'd call it a poor first half personally.

The through ball from Santon to Sissoko was excellent, shame about Sissoko's finishing ability.

Should have hit that first time instead his touch was abysmal. Golden chance that and the sort you don't often get in these sort of games and that you simply have to put away.

We've managed to create a few chances. Trouble is, they're getting so much time and space around our box, every single attack seems to end in a shot.

Reasons to be cheerful - De Jong has laid the ball off well. Sammy has been causing them problems.

There was a situation about 10 minutes into the game which summed up the problem with Ben Arfa. He did well to carve out some space for himself in their area, and then tried to beat Cech at his near post from a narrow angle instead of squaring the ball. Absolutely not the percentage decision, and he wasted his own good work.

Spent the first half scanning barcodes to get shot of old CDs and DVDs. I didn't realise it was possible to actually enjoy Saturday afternoons.

This might be a stupid question, why do you scan barcodes before getting rid of them?

Guest bimpy474

Spent the first half scanning barcodes to get shot of old CDs and DVDs. I didn't realise it was possible to actually enjoy Saturday afternoons.

This might be a stupid question, why do you scan barcodes before getting rid of them?

Gives you the price they're worth doesn't it ?

Guest VanBarduck

I think you now understand why we only paid 1.8M£ for Sissoko.

We got him cheaply as his contract was up in that summer, 6 months he had left.

Yes and we went through a fierce competiton to get him, right ?

Sammy's been brilliant on both sides of the pitch.

Dummett looks more solid defensively at left back, but not to the point where he will abandon attack runs.

Sissoko and Santon are utterly gutless. Why Sissoko was made captain is beyond me.

De Jong's the striker that Pardew wanted. Hard working, good in the air, good link up play.

Overall, a better performance but just not good enough from us.

Gives you the price they're worth doesn't it ?

Ta.

We've managed to create a few chances. Trouble is, they're getting so much time and space around our box, every single attack seems to end in a shot.

Reasons to be cheerful - De Jong has laid the ball off well. Sammy has been causing them problems.

There was a situation about 10 minutes into the game which summed up the problem with Ben Arfa. He did well to carve out some space for himself in their area, and then tried to beat Cech at his near post from a narrow angle instead of squaring the ball. Absolutely not the percentage decision, and he wasted his own good work.

As usual he has shot when there was an option to pass. Great when he scores but he rarely does.

Trying to dribble the ball out of our box past 4 Chelsea players wasn't the best idea either.

Sissoko is still a good player imo, but he has been well and truly Pardewed. He has been miss managed since day one, and i dont think Pards even knows his best position.

Pardew is at fault for playing him out of position, but surely not for him just having a fucking crap touch?

Sissoko is still a good player imo, but he has been well and truly Pardewed. He has been miss managed since day one, and i dont think Pards even knows his best position.

A few times in a game, he'll open things up with his strength.

The downside is that his first touch is reaaaaallllly poor. The second touch is a tackle far too often.

But he's one of our players that can make things happen, so I'd stick with him.

Pardew is at fault for playing him out of position, but surely not for him just having a f***ing crap touch?

True, but like many others his confidence seems shot to shit, probably from the negative style of play they get drilled into their heads every day.

Still doesn't get you away from black and white stripes.