Chelsea 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Dave

A spirited performance with a reaction that made him very pleased after Sunderland, apparently. That's according to Pardew.

I didn't see it, is that in any way the truth?

That it pleased him? Probably.

That it was 'spirited'? No.

A spirited performance with a reaction that made him very pleased after Sunderland, apparently. That's according to Pardew.

I didn't see it, is that in any way the truth?

Probably a bit favourable but not altogether untrue. We didn't deserve to be 2 down at HT. And we really should have had two goals ourselves.

Absolutely spot on as far as I saw it. And exactly as Mourinho described it in the Boardroom after the match to Chelsea Directors and assorted hangers on like me. Said Newcastle played the better football in the first (unlike the second) half and credited Pardew with how he set up his team with the players at his disposal.

Absolutely spot on as far as I saw it. And exactly as Mourinho described it in the Boardroom after the match to Chelsea Directors and assorted hangers on like me. Said Newcastle played the better football in the first (unlike the second) half and credited Pardew with how he set up his team with the players at his disposal.

We were decent in the first half.  Awful in the second.

Jealous of meeting Jose...

According to John Anderson we had a go and showed some fight  :lol:

Clueless.

I would suggest that a comment calling his summary clueless is just as clueless a summary. We were ultimately outclassed but that didn't stop us being the better side until the second goal and most of the team most certainly did show fight. Remember this is a side shorn of Cabaye, Tiote, Gouffran, Colo and Debuchy. The resultant squad Pardew's had to pick from is Ashley or Kinnear's fault, not Pardew's or the players left. In my opinion. Kinnear's PROMISED Ashley two things last week. One that PSG would pay 25 million (currency unknown, hence the cock-up) for Cabaye and secondly that he had a replacement lined up to sign on Thursday or Friday. That little farce has nothing to do with Pardew either and that is why it was Kinnear who Ashley sacked and not Pardew.

Guest neesy111

Sorry we weren't the better side until they scored the 2nd, we were competing with Chelsea but better, nope.  I seem to remember Chelsea having a very good 5-8 minute period before the 1st goal where a goal seemed a formality.

We did ok in the first half and we're undone by 2 good goals (albeit Santon had a bit of a mare with the first). If Sissoko's 2nd touch wasn't nearly always a tackle we may have equalised. Benny is so out of form but I think we need to try and play him through it, largely because we've got no squad depth.

It's crazy how we've killed our season stone dead. I can see a very painful summer/ preseason coming up, if I were one of the better players there I'd be telling my agent right now "I'm a footballer, get me out of here". There's really no middle ground with us.

Clueless.

I would suggest that a comment calling his summary clueless is just as clueless a summary. We were ultimately outclassed but that didn't stop us being the better side until the second goal and most of the team most certainly did show fight. Remember this is a side shorn of Cabaye, Tiote, Gouffran, Colo and Debuchy. The resultant squad Pardew's had to pick from is Ashley or Kinnear's fault, not Pardew's or the players left. In my opinion.

Better side? You are joking right?

We were second best all over the pitch for the duration of the game.

All of the above are culpable but this should not take away from Pardews incoherent tactics. 

Sorry we weren't the better side until they scored the 2nd, we were competing with Chelsea but better, nope.  I seem to remember Chelsea having a very good 5-8 minute period before the 1st goal where a goal seemed a formality.

Agree. We were surprisingly good until that spell before the first goal. Second half was awful though.

Clueless.

I would suggest that a comment calling his summary clueless is just as clueless a summary. We were ultimately outclassed but that didn't stop us being the better side until the second goal and most of the team most certainly did show fight. Remember this is a side shorn of Cabaye, Tiote, Gouffran, Colo and Debuchy. The resultant squad Pardew's had to pick from is Ashley or Kinnear's fault, not Pardew's or the players left. In my opinion.

Better side? You are joking right?

We were second best all over the pitch for the duration of the game.

All of the above are culpable but this should not take away from Pardews incoherent tactics. 

Wasn't my opinion, was the opinion of the Chelsea Manager.