Winnet Sports claim Glenn Hoddle linked with DOF role

Paully

Anyone who doesn't rate Hoddle as a manager is either dense as fuck or under the age of 16.

His football knowledge is superb.

his record says otherwise

His management record is very average. DOF is the sort of role that suits him perfectly though- he knows how football should be played, he understands the value of youth, he's hugely respected and speaks passionately and professionally.

Anyone who doesn't rate Hoddle as a manager is either dense as fuck or under the age of 16.

His football knowledge is superb.

his record says otherwise

His management record is very average. DOF is the sort of role that suits him perfectly though- he knows how football should be played, he understands the value of youth, he's hugely respected and speaks passionately and professionally.

a coaching role or running a clubs academy would be the best role for him, DOF involves a lot more than just knowing football and having good knowledge of it-useful tools but also need some damn good negotiation skills since its an important part of the job.

As a DOF I think his hands are pretty much tied, I doubt he would be given permission to sack Pardew because of the style of football he plays or because he's not picking up points in the derbies so long as the points are on board. With transfers I think we are always going to go with Carr's recommendations so long as they are cheap. I fail to see how he or anyone else in the role of DOF could change anything at the club considering how 'tied' their hands would be under Ashley.

As a DOF I think his hands are pretty much tied, I doubt he would be given permission to sack Pardew because of the style of football he plays or because he's not picking up points in the derbies so long as the points are on board. With transfers I think we are always going to go with Carr's recommendations so long as they are cheap. I fail to see how he or anyone else in the role of DOF could change anything at the club considering how 'tied' their hands would be under Ashley.

suppose in theory it would be not only transfer stuff but work on improving the youth setup which he would have more knowledge of.

suppose in theory it would be not only transfer stuff but work on improving the youth setup which he would have more knowledge of.

In theory, it's a good idea, but again I doubt if he would actually be given any powers to sack someone or bring someone else in even at that level.

People who say they wouldn't have him as manager considering the useless cunt we currently have as manager are quite clearly mental.

Well I'd certainly have him over the current useless cunt without a doubt. But forgive me for hoping against hope that we could do what other clubs are doing and scouring the world for highly rated coaches currently in the game. If Southampton and Sunderland can do it, it shouldn't be beyond us.

You do who Mike Ashley is don't ya? It ain't ever gonna happen. Never. Not while he's in charge anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

People who say they wouldn't have him as manager considering the useless c*** we currently have as manager are quite clearly mental.

The blokes a spanner, anybody who thinks disabled people are paying for a past life can stay away from the club.

Obviously I don't agree with his views, but he is entitled to his opinions. He hardly goes around forcing his views and ideas onto others.

Guest Howaythetoon

I doubt any of this is true btw, but purely from a sporting perspective, the FA should sack that useless cunt Wilkinson/Brooking or whoever it is in charge of grassroots footy and give Hoddle carte blanche to oversee the whole shebang.

Obviously I don't agree with his views, but he is entitled to his opinions. He hardly goes around forcing his views and ideas onto others.

They were reported in the press, he does force his views on others and one of his coaching staff when England manager was a faith healer.

Why would Hoddle want to work for Ashley? The only reason i think Kinnear took the job, was because he had been trying to get his foot in the door ever since he left due to health reasons. Cant imagine Hoddle is that desperate to get back into football.

Why would Hoddle want to work for Ashley? The only reason i think Kinnear took the job, was because he had been trying to get his foot in the door ever since he left due to health reasons. Cant imagine Hoddle is that desperate to get back into football.

Because he's damaged goods who's desperate for a job.

Because he's damaged goods who's desperate for a job.

Also because Ashley will give him money?

They were reported in the press, he does force his views on others and one of his coaching staff when England manager was a faith healer.

Pardew - "Sorry Colo, you've caught me. I've been banging your wife"

Hoddle - "Don't worry Alan, he deserves it for being a twat in his previous life"

No idea why any one rates Hoddle. He has done almost nothing at club level to be considered a decent appointment. Did ok with England but had a fantastic squad.

I'd rate him as a slight upgrade on Kinnear. It's debateable whether he did better than Kinnear managing at club level, and they are from the same era.  Hoddle can speak coherently though, and as far as I'm aware isn't likely to have a heart attack.

On the other hand Kinnear didn't seem to do anything except talk complete shit (which I would probably count as a plus). I could see Hoddle and his colossol ego going around interfering, causing chaos, and making a mess.

He has a connection to Spurs and no one has given him a job in 6 years so he fits Ashley's criteria, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is something in it.