Not worthy of a thread - UEFA Euro 2016 edition

Trumpet

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Not as easy as it seems. Switzerland and Slovenia are quite decent on their day.

If England are at 80% they'll walk it. That's not being complacent but they should.

Loving the prospect of Germany v Poland, Scotland v Ireland, Gibraltar v everyone, Ketsbaia...

We should qualify because unlike the WC the runners-up also go through directly. There'll be competition for the top spot however with Switzerland who have progressed

I'm down with this.

This is the first qualifying tournament after UEFA announced centralized rights deals for both UEFA Euro and FIFA World Cup qualifying. UEFA has proposed the "Week of Football" concept for the scheduling of qualifying matches.

Matches take place from Thursday to Tuesday.

Kick-off times are largely set at 18:00 and 20:45 CET on Saturdays and Sundays, and 20:45 CET on Thursdays, Fridays, Mondays and Tuesdays.

On double-header matchweeks, teams play on Thursday and Sunday, or Friday and Monday, or Saturday and Tuesday.

Matches in the same group are played on the same day.

There are ten matchdays for the group stage, and two matchdays for the play-offs.

Poland vs. Germany in October 2014. Waiting for stadium announcements, but this could be a great game.

Was a shame that Poland choked against Czech in last game of Euro 2012 group stage, because the stage was all set for the dream quarter final vs. Germany at Gdansk Arena. Would have been a cracking game.

No one hates the Germans as much as Poles, so this game could be carnage. Poland have changed managers as well, so be interesting to see if Lewandowski will be more useful in the new set up.

• 1 year later...

Has anybody else applied for tickets for this today?

Hoping to get to at least two games fingers crossed.

Aye, I did. 3 games, 2 in Marsellie, 1 in Nice.

Knowing my luck I'll get 0 though, or only 1 making the trip kind of pointless/not worth it.  Tried for Euro 2012 tickets, got none. Tried for Rugby WC tickets, got none.

Aye, I did. 3 games, 2 in Marsellie, 1 in Nice.

Knowing my luck I'll get 0 though, or only 1 making the trip kind of pointless/not worth it.  Tried for Euro 2012 tickets, got none. Tried for Rugby WC tickets, got none.

Best of luck.

I'm going over for my 30th. I think we're going to base ourselves in Lyon and then have Saint-Etienne just down the road.

Only problem could be the amount of us going - doubt we will all get tickets to the same games, if any at all  ;D

Going for a holiday anyway but going to a game would make the trip.

Applied for 3 tickets for the 2 group games in Bordeaux. Not arsed which teams are involved but preferably not England. Would only let me apply for category 1 seats so the total cost came to €880 which was bad enough but since then I've had a look about for hotels and bookings.com only have 1 hotel left for sale in Bordeaux and they're wanting £6,000 for a week. Add all this to the vastly inflated travel costs plus spends and it's going to be too expensive so I'll probably just cancel my application.