Not worthy of a thread - UEFA Euro 2016 edition

Trumpet

Just watched how far the keeper was off his line when for that Ramos penalty. What is the use of that ref behind the goal? And it annoys me everytime seeing the ref behind the goal being on the same side as the linesman. What is the point?

State of the top half of the draw man

http://i.imgur.com/XiCbZ6N.png

Croatia have a clear run to the final. The only team that might cause them trouble should be Belgium (Runner up E) in the semi finals.

Why are all the decent teams on one side?

Bottom half is fucking Thunderdome.

3rd place Malarkey. 4 from 6 go through, soooo...

As it stands:

Albania, Group A, 3 pts GD -2 = at risk.

Slovakia, Group B, 4 pts = through.

Norn Iron, Group C, 3 pts GD 0 = through.  :indi:

Turkey, Group D, 3 pts GD -2 = at risk.

Group E Ireland would need to beat Italy to qualify. Sweden would need to beat Belgium. In short, 3rd placed unlikely to qualify.

Group F Portugal or Iceland could finish third on 3 pts. GD would be 0.

So crystal ball says Groups B, C, F, and D (as scored 2).

Last 16 '3rd place' fixtures:

Germany v B or F (Slovakia or Portugal/Iceland)

France v C or D (NI or Turkey)

Wales v C or D (NI or Turkey)

Croatia v B or F (Slovakia or Portugal/Iceland).

Don't know how they decide which of C or D,so to speak, plays which qualifier.

It's a bit of a gip because you can't choose from everyone. (I'd have Rodriguez or Naylor LB)

http://team-picker.files.bbci.co.uk/team_of_the_group_stage-7a92ccf82147e60f381128e38f544b11.jpg

This format is crap. How can you have 24 teams at the euro finals when there's only about 26 teams in Europe. So the faroe islands and Scotland fail to qualify as usual, and sides can lose two games in the group and still qualify for the knock out stages. Michel Platini wants shot, wether it was his idea or not.

This format is crap. How can you have 24 teams at the euro finals when there's only about 26 teams in Europe. So the faroe islands and Scotland fail to qualify as usual, and sides can lose two games in the group and still qualify for the knock out stages. Michel Platini wants shot, wether it was his idea or not.

:lol:

There's 55.

Nothing wrong with having 24 teams except the bad structure.

In the minority possibly but I like the expanded tournament, needs tweaking but I definitely wouldn't want to go back to 16 now. Knock it up to 32 for all I care, I like seeing the smaller teams, and if you worry about the quality dropping it will still be there in the knockouts.