Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

Gouffran seemed to play much of the game centrally too when Cisse was sent out to the right and Sissoko left. As usual we chopped and changed formations and I struggled to understand what the midfield were all meant to be doing and where they were meant to be at any given moment.

Yeah, this was really baffling.

Guest neesy111

Boro really shot themselves in the foot winning the 2004 Carling Cup like. Bet they never realised they'd get relegated five years later. Mugs.

Uefa Cup final 2006.  That really impacted them 3 years later....

It's their ability to cope with the amount of games they're involved in, with a smaller, lesser quailty squad. Yet mount a decent defence of the cup and a good league position now under Rosler.  Compare that to your hero.

Your post is again utter nonsense to what i said about Wigan, making stuff up again.

I just don't think Wigan are doing well, each to their own. Got their cup and now in the championship fighting for a playoff place, rather them than us.

We just like to rip into ourselves for some reason and bring ourselves down then praise those around us. We were fearing Villa and how Lambert would p*ss all over Pardew, then during the game we sort of clicked that there is in fact worse teams around us than ourselves. Things could be a lot worse than what they actually are here. We are far better placed than the majortiy of clubs in the league. The summer ahead is absolutley crucial for us and it will be very interesting to see how it goes. We've built ourselves a platform this season and next season we need to try and push on.

Guest reefatoon

It's their ability to cope with the amount of games they're involved in, with a smaller, lesser quailty squad. Yet mount a decent defence of the cup and a good league position now under Rosler.  Compare that to your hero.

Your post is again utter nonsense to what i said about Wigan, making stuff up again.

I just don't think Wigan are doing well, each to their own. Got their cup and now in the championship fighting for a playoff place, rather them than us.

We just like to rip into ourselves for some reason and bring ourselves down then praise those around us. We were fearing Villa and how Lambert would p*ss all over Pardew, then during the game we sort of clicked that there is in fact worse teams around us than ourselves. Things could be a lot worse than what they actually are here. We are far better placed than the majortiy of clubs in the league. The summer ahead is absolutley crucial for us and it will be very interesting to see how it goes. We've built ourselves a platform this season and next season we need to try and push on.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-Heads-Back-In-Laughter-In-George-Of-The-Jungle.gif

:lol:

That was like me, Ian and Inochi in the summer when you said we were going to be in a relegation battle. Strangely enough, we were the idiots then too who were clueless. 40 points by March and the players, manager, owner and Newcastle United in general are still being blown to bits by our fans who struggle themselves to even celebrate 90th minute winners.

Suppose when Cisse scored his 90th minute winner against Fulham last season, that was far more exciting and such a better position to be in  :hmm:

Guest reefatoon

:lol:

That was like me, Ian and Inochi in the summer when you said we were going to be in a relegation battle. Strangely enough, we were the idiots then too who were clueless. 40 points by March and the players, manager, owner and Newcastle United in general are still being blown to bits by our fans who struggle themselves to even celebrate 90th minute winners.

Suppose when Cisse scored his 90th minute winner against Fulham last season, that was far more exciting and such a better position to be in  :hmm:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif

Most of the criticism is completely separate from league position TBF, which is fair enough I suppose.

Yeah but if we are doing well in the league and you get a last minute winner and only a give a 'meh', you are hardly happy with the way things are going in the league. Results went our way this weekend with Everton and Southampton both dropping points and i think it's only natural to want to finish higher than them even if it doesn't make a huge difference.

:facepalm:

Absolutely clueless .

Most of the criticism is completely separate from league position TBF, which is fair enough I suppose.

Yeah but if we are doing well in the league and you get a last minute winner and only a give a 'meh', you are hardly happy with the way things are going in the league. Results went our way this weekend with Everton and Southampton both dropping points and i think it's only natural to want to finish higher than them even if it doesn't make a huge difference.

Absolutely clueless .

If you can't get yourself excited and jubilant over a last minute goal, you should look elsewhere for your entertainment. Doesn't matter if you are bottom of the league in the conference or 9th in the premier league or even playing Sunday league football, a 90th minute winner is simply euphoric.

Absolutely clueless .

If you can't get yourself excited and jubilant over a last minute goal, you should look elsewhere for your entertainment. Doesn't matter if you are bottom of the league in the conference or 9th in the premier league or even playing Sunday league football, a 90th minute winner is simply euphoric.

I'm not quite sure how you are in a position to tell people how they should or shouldnt feel Brett.

As for your comment about the position in the league mattering. Some people prefer to look at the bigger picture rather than just where a name sits on a table. Being 8th is fine and probably just about right. But when there's absolutley nothing to look forward too in the short or long term, then what is to be happy or excited about?

Absolutely clueless .

There are people who want to be entertained when watching football...others just look at the table and stats (Pardew-like)

Guest bimpy474

Absolutely clueless .

http://i.imgur.com/xl0oZ7s.png

Absolutely clueless .

but I think everyone got your message. You're alright with playing bad for 88 mins with the goal in the dying minutes...I am not.

Come on, let's be fair, the majority of the second half we dominated the game and could've had a couple.

The first half on the other hand was pretty damned depressing. I'm just pleased they showed a bit of passion and commitment and it did get the crowd going in the second half. The crowd definitely had a say in that win imo, encouraging if not demanding the team push forward. I know I certainly celebrated the goal like a wildman. That's what footballs all about.

Maybe next year we'll meet our target of 40 points by February and be able to give up on the season even earlier, we're getting more efficient all the time!

:lol:  Don't expect an answer to that one. Because that would mean actually addressing the genuine grievance of the fans on here.

Absolutely clueless .

http://i.imgur.com/xl0oZ7s.png

It's absolutely amazing isn't it?

Brett, what are your thoughts about the long term principles and style Pardew has brought to the side? So even when we do lose a top player, it doesn't affect them too much...

Come on, let's be fair, the majority of the second half we dominated the game and could've had a couple.

The first half on the other hand was pretty damned depressing. I'm just pleased they showed a bit of passion and commitment and it did get the crowd going in the second half. The crowd definitely had a say in that win imo, encouraging if not demanding the team push forward. I know I certainly celebrated the goal like a wildman. That's what footballs all about.

didn't say that we did in this game...but to me it seems that only results matter to people. Not saying that this wrong but trying to explain that there are different point of views. None of the is the ultimate one