Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

Guest neesy111

I think Colo has only ever lost one derby game in his time here, the recent games we've been soundly beaten he has been out. That's not a coincidence.

:lol: So this is the latest one then.  One player out and everything goes to shit.  Righteo.  Pardew was given a £7m centre half just over a year ago and doesn't use him.

Think it was the more the fact that Steven Geordie Taylor wasn't playing.

I think Colo has only ever lost one derby game in his time here, the recent games we've been soundly beaten he has been out. That's not a coincidence.

:lol: So this is the latest one then.  One player out and everything goes to s***.  Righteo.  Pardew was given a £7m centre half just over a year ago and doesn't use him.

No i'm saying he's a huge difference to our side. People can mention Cabaye and our win percentage and stats of whatever else without him in the side, but make no mistake about it, Colo is the one that holds the side together. Just like when he returned from injury late in the season last year and was excellent.

He has form dips himself like any player does but the way he brings comfort to those around him is world class. There's no way Taylor could have covered for Dummett today the way Colo was always keeping check on him.

I can't remember Villa having any clear cut chances, we had three gaping misses.

Whole team plays better with Colo back, allows us to play it out of defence much better.

Felt sorry for Cisse, there were two or three occasions when the midfield could have given him the ball end he would be straight through, and that miss, will do no good to his already shot confidence.

Anita and Tiote working well together as the two covering the defense, just don't offer much going forward. Anita made some nice passes at the end of the game when he got further forward.

NB:- Pardew is a complete tw*t! Why the hell we didn't have any attacking options on the bench? He needs shot with poison darts (season ticket holders take note) :knuppel2:

Guest neesy111

I can't remember Villa having any clear cut chances, we had three gaping misses.

Villa had 2 within moments of each other 1st half.

:lol: So this is the latest one then.  One player out and everything goes to s***.  Righteo.  Pardew was given a £7m centre half just over a year ago and doesn't use him.

No i'm saying he's a huge difference to our side. People can mention Cabaye and our win percentage and stats of whatever else without him in the side, but make no mistake about it, Colo is the one that holds the side together. Just like when he returned from injury late in the season last year and was excellent.

He has form dips himself like any player does but the way he brings comfort to those around him is world class. There's no way Taylor could have covered for Dummett today the way Colo was always keeping check on him.

Yawn, can't be arsed.

Guest neesy111

NB:- Pardew is a complete tw*t! Why the hell we didn't have any attacking options on the bench? He needs shot with poison darts (season ticket holders take note) :knuppel2:

His attacking option on the bench changed the game for us?

So why wasn't he starting then if our tactic was to hoof it up to our strikers and put aimless crosses into the box?

So why wasn't he starting then if our tactic was to hoof it up to our strikers and put aimless crosses into the box?

That's not for me to answer, i don't know  :lol:

Whatever the tactics/lineup, we kept a clean sheet, won the match and more importantly, deserved to win the match. Suppose it's 3 more points away from relegation  :shifty:

Can't be arsed to agree that Colo in our side is massive. Or do you think he's finished and shit husband too? :lol:

Why have we been playing Williamson and Taylor together recently?  MYM was signed as Coloccini's long term replacement but your hero doesn't know how to use him.

I was just happy to see the players keeping the pressure on.  I half expected to see shoulders slump after Remy hit the post but they kept pressing on and they persevered.  I think our midfielders will work hard but without a conductor like Cabaye and a complete lack tactical savvy from Pardew our offensive efforts going forward will be dire.  At this point, I'd be happy with 50 points.  I shudder to think what would happen if we somehow qualified for the Euro Cup

Just got back, so thankful for the result. At the end after we scored one of their players took down one of ours in front on me, I shouting at the ref to give him a card and the referee was just looking at me, just after that Remy got took down at the corner flag the referee then turned to me in the crowd and signalled for me to calm down, daffy.

Wat

:spit:

That's not for me to answer, i don't know  :lol:

Whatever the tactics/lineup, we kept a clean sheet, won the match and more importantly, deserved to win the match. Suppose it's 3 more points away from relegation  :shifty:

That patter, man. Hilarious.

Watermarked, but Colo  :aww:

BhK_XySCIAAeMy0.jpg

And people say they don't care, they are absolutley buzzing with that  :lol: We deffo have a good team spirit, like, no doubt about it in my mind.

The utter inanity of the deductive reasoning (such as it is) which underpins this statement is wholly depressing. I thought Darwinian evolution would have sifted simple-minded detritus like you out of the system by now.

;) [/safetywink]

Yeah all this whinging from Pardew about the crowd etc. Today proved just give them something, anything to get excited about and they will roar you on. As soon as the players actually showed a bit of will to get forward and try to win the game, the crowd got into it.

The crowd is a positive not a negative. The only managers who see the support as a negative are the shit one's who don't know how to make the most of it.

Just got back, so thankful for the result. At the end after we scored one of their players took down one of ours in front on me, I shouting at the ref to give him a card and the referee was just looking at me, just after that Remy got took down at the corner flag the referee then turned to me in the crowd and signalled for me to calm down, dafty.

This reads like a facebook post from Chris (Simpsons Artist) :lol:

:lol:

Papered over the cracks or good but no threat again? Was at a marriage rehearsal at half 1 til 3 ffs.

awful, dull, boring, zero creativity. Up till about 75-80.

Then with De Jong on for Cisse and Remy going wide left, we started to create more after Villa made it clear they were happy with a point.

Guest neesy111

Papered over the cracks or good but no threat again? Was at a marriage rehearsal at half 1 til 3 ffs.

Papering over cracks for me.