Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

Guest palnese

We're God awful and 9th :lol:

The Premier League is as bad as it's ever been.

I don't watch other leagues enough, but teams placed aroud midtable in other leagues are better than us, surely?

Massive relief.

So glad that chance fell to Remy, seems like the only on in our team with a bit of composure in those sort of areas. Thought Dummett did quite well after a shaky start. Anita was poor for most of the game but had a decent final 10 minutes when we were putting them under pressure. Colo and Williamson looked pretty safe at the back, we look so much more comfortable in defence with no Steven Taylor. Sissoko was s**** yet again, really don't know how he hasn't been dropped yet. De Jong put in a good shift when he came on, definitely his best performance for us so far.

Villa weren't that bad IMO, they just made the wrong final decision a number of times on the break at the death. They'll see it as an opportunity missed.

Villa were the better team in the first half, but they couldn't keep pressing us for 90 mins. We got in the game with 20 mins left once they ran out of gas. Two shit teams if truth be told.

Nah, the 1st half was kind of even.

If you ignore the fact they made a lot more chances maybe.

They put the ball in the box a bit but didn't create that many more chances than we did.

kinda agree, Villa had the better territory (for lack of a better term) but didn't create much out of it and we had by far the clearest chance of the 1st half. Their formation seemed to flummox us for a fair bit of the first half tbh

Guest bimpy474

So what happened against Spurs and Sunderland then Brett, ignorant as usual.

Funny isn't it. Villa we're terrible and we only played well in the last 20 minutes or so yet somehow the team spirit is fine.

Anyone who sat through the Sunderland and Spurs games would have to be blind not to notice there's a problem. Burying heads in sand again.

Villa weren't that bad IMO, they just made the wrong final decision a number of times on the break at the death. They'll see it as an opportunity missed.

Villa were the better team in the first half, but they couldn't keep pressing us for 90 mins. We got in the game with 20 mins left once they ran out of gas. Two s*** teams if truth be told.

They put the ball in the box a bit but didn't create that many more chances than we did.

If by 'putting the ball in the box a bit' you mean creating a couple of guilt edged goal scoring opportunities you'd be correct.

Guest neesy111

Never felt so flat after a win. We were dreadful today. De Jong changed game.

Agree with De Jong, namely because we were winning all those crosses and hoof balls into our front men.

Guest bimpy474

Watermarked, but Colo  :aww:

BhK_XySCIAAeMy0.jpg

And people say they don't care, they are absolutley buzzing with that  :lol: We deffo have a good team spirit, like, no doubt about it in my mind.

http://i.imgur.com/457xf9O.png

Villa were the better team in the first half, but they couldn't keep pressing us for 90 mins. We got in the game with 20 mins left once they ran out of gas. Two s*** teams if truth be told.

If by 'putting the ball in the box a bit' you mean creating a couple of guilt edged goal scoring opportunities you'd be correct.

Stifler was busy psyching out the referee tbf.

So what happened against Spurs and Sunderland then Brett, ignorant as usual.

I've always said Colo is a massive factor. We don't have these sustained batterings when he is on the pitch. We might get trounced a game here or a game there but we don't go on these type of runs where it's embarrassing defeat after embarrassing defeat. Goalscorer and Captain today both missed the two said matches and they were the two top performers for me today, massive relief to have them both back in action.

Just got back, so thankful for the result. At the end after we scored one of their players took down one of ours in front on me, I shouting at the ref to give him a card and the referee was just looking at me, just after that Remy got took down at the corner flag the referee then turned to me in the crowd and signalled for me to calm down, dafty.

This reads like a facebook post from Chris (Simpsons Artist) :lol:

I think Colo has only ever lost one derby game in his time here, the recent games we've been soundly beaten he has been out. That's not a coincidence.

:lol: So this is the latest one then.  One player out and everything goes to shit.  Righteo.  Pardew was given a £7m centre half just over a year ago and doesn't use him.