Hull City 1 - 4 Newcastle United - 01/03/14 - Post-match reaction from page 33

Dave

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Think we managed ourselves well for an away team closed them down well in midfield where we won a lot of second balls but our defending at set pieces was a bit dodgy. Our counterattacking play was as clinical as the Swansea 3-0 away win two seasons ago with Remy, Sissoko ,Gouffran and  DJ linking well. My MoTM is Krul for that double save although Sissoko, Tiote and Anita deserve a lot praise for their effort in midfield

Think we managed ourselves well for an away team closed them down well in midfield where we won a lot of second balls but our defending at set pieces was a bit dodgy. Our counterattacking play was as clinical as the Swansea 3-0 2-0 away win two seasons ago with Remy, Sissoko ,Gouffran and  DJ linking well. My MoTM is Krul for that double save although Sissoko, Tiote and Anita deserve a lot praise for their effort in midfield

Krul? :lol:

he just stood his ground, I would have done the same. Sho else her feel he would have doen the same?

:kinnear:

I'm do drunk to even type right

I'm just happy we won, lol

Think we managed ourselves well for an away team closed them down well in midfield where we won a lot of second balls but our defending at set pieces was a bit dodgy. Our counterattacking play was as clinical as the Swansea 3-0 away win two seasons ago with Remy, Sissoko ,Gouffran and  DJ linking well. My MoTM is Krul for that double save although Sissoko, Tiote and Anita deserve a lot praise for their effort in midfield

Krul??? It was his fault for their goal.

:dowiespin:

Anita MOTM surely. Didn't need the goal to claim it IMO.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Yeah but knowing us we never seem to win from a losing position. Producing a double save as good as this is a psychological hit to the other team. Maybe not a coincidence at all that we went on to score at the other end  :dontknow:

Yeah but knowing us we never seem to win from a losing position. Producing a double save as good as this is a psychological hit to the other team. Maybe not a coincidence at all that we went on to score at the other end  :dontknow:

U wot?

Guest Spark

Great to see the midfielders getting into the box today. They should do that more often. It's not rocket science.

I said pre match we should be beating these. It's all about the mentality of the squad. He can shut up about the lack of passing in this team; I hope the players took slight in that and showed themselves.

In a team with Remy, Sissoko, Anita, and Tiote we should be able to control the games and counter and score. Add in Colo, MYM when with Willo, and Krul for most part and we should always be beating these lower clubs.

It's all mentality and if we're not on; it's over from the get-go.

No mention of the game at all on Soccer Saturday, just the Pardew incident. Disgusting but utterly predictable from Sky.

get used to it, every single match report, punditry etc will be on Pardew and it will be like the game never happened.

There were some good signs today and Pardew as a manager did well incident aside.

He just stayed out of the way and let the players do their stuff. From him I suppose that's a massive plus.

Rather at odds for giving Pardew his credit for setting a team up the way we've all wanted all year, but he's finally done it, will he learn from it though or tinker? Great performance all round, Anita bosses the midfield, it was good Pardew recognised how well he did when Tiote went off last week and started this game with him going forward instead of Tiote. Best movement off the ball we've had all season.

There were some good signs today and Pardew as a manager did well incident aside.

He just stayed out of the way and let the players do their stuff. From him I suppose that's a massive plus.

You don't do yourself any favours with stuff like this. So every defeat is Pardew's fault and every win is him "getting out of the way"?

Guest neesy111

I wonder if all the knackers whining about how we're not going to win another game all season will fuck off for a couple of days now?

I wish the knackers who post stuff like this would knack off as well.

I wonder if all the knackers whining about how we're not going to win another game all season will fuck off for a couple of days now?

Aye, probably the same knackers who've been wanting to have Yanga-Mbiwa playing for weeks instead of Taylor sacrificing goals by the bucketful. Idiots.