Hull City 1 - 4 Newcastle United - 01/03/14 - Post-match reaction from page 33

Dave

Great win over a poor side - Hull were not as dangerous as they had been at SJP and we took full advantage.

Anita was brilliant, popping up all over the field to help out and set up attacks. Always thought he would eventually make himself a mainstay of the side...any decent team needs a player like him(and Gouffran, who always gives 100%)to provide support for the rest of the side - wouldn't mind betting that Anita gets to be captain at some stage because he leads by example and got a deserved goal. He was highly rated by de Boer at Ajax and you can see why.

Great first goal from Sissoko, created by a good move on the right with Debuchy providing a cross which said 'top corner please' and Sissoko obliged. Credit for the goal must initially go to Krul because he made 2 instinctive stops just before the move to prevent Hull scoring.

Remy was sharp enough to cash in on a bad back pass(Shola, Cisse and even de Jong wouldn't have been quick enough) to put us 2 up before the break and we will badly miss Remy's pace when and if he leaves. de Jong was always good on the ball and made some great lay-offs ; he and Remy would be a good pairing but we have to enjoy it while both players are still at SJP.

Needless to say, much of the reporting will focus on the Pardew fiasco but that has been discussed on another thread and even though Gosling made it look as if he had just had a vasectomy, he was involved in another goal. Glad for him but he is NOT Pl class.

We were fortunate that Hull committed suicide with that back pass which Remy put away because it took the wind right out of their sails and it was a comfortable win in the end.

Ashley's wet dream of top 10 respectability whilst spending nowt beckons.

I don't mind Gosling tbh. He's downright average but his instinct and mentality is to get in the box.

Was thinking the same earlier, a 'You don't buy a ticket, you won't win the raffle' sort of player. Thought he was positive yesterday and despite fucking up at the end he still played a big part in getting us the 4th.

Will never be a first team player for us, I would prefer Bigi ahead of him on the bench but I can't help but like a player whose first instinct is to score. He's a very poor man's Nolan but occasionally (like yesterday) it will lead to something.

bad or average. Being a regular i could easily see gosling score 3-5 goals in a season. He does make good (late) runs into the box.

We have had many CMs who would not be able to do that in 3 full seasons or more.

Guest Roger Kint

Went round to my dads earlier and had a read of the paper. Somehow the ratings for our game only Sissoko got a higher mark than Huddlestone(who also made team of the day) Did i miss most of the game when this was happening? Everyone got 6 except Remy/Anita(7) and Sissoko (8) oh and de Jong (5) :lol:

Jelevic with 7 man. Journos really have the easiest job in the world to get pais to pay no attention to a game.

bad or average. Being a regular i could easily see gosling score 3-5 goals in a season. He does make good (late) runs into the box.

We have had many CMs who would not be able to do that in 3 full seasons or more.

So? He's crap and by all rights shouldn't be anywhere near the football club matter about playing :lol:

Supporting the idea of Gosling being a regular is as stupid as when everyone used to support the idea of Perch being a regular.

No coincidence we magically improved since he went to the championship and if Gosling ever becomes a regular we'll be joining Perch in playing dross every season.

Went round to my dads earlier and had a read of the paper. Somehow the ratings for our game only Sissoko got a higher mark than Huddlestone(who also made team of the day) Did i miss most of the game when this was happening? Everyone got 6 except Remy/Anita(7) and Sissoko (8) oh and de Jong (5) :lol:

Jelevic with 7 man. Journos really have the easiest job in the world to get pais to pay no attention to a game.

Before the game I thought Huddlestone would cause us real problems, my guess is this journalist was writing his player ratings at the same time. 

Guest Roger Kint

Before the game I thought Huddlestone would cause us real problems, my guess is this journalist was writing his player ratings at the same time. 

I thought after the England omission he would have a blinder. More like a blind man half the time, completely played off the park in midfield yesterday.

He hasn't played enough for me to form a proper opinion on him. He had a shitter down at Norwich but other than that it's been a handful of sub appearances and the odd cup start after a spell on the sidelines. He's a midfielder who likes to get up to support the strikers, but I've no idea how he'd fit in

He's by far the worst one though IMO.

Aye, there's no contest. Butt (in his last 2 seasons) and Faye were absolutely awful, though.

Matty Pattison and our old mate Smudger also worthy of a mention.