Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Having a great spell down there, must be doing him the world of good. Be interesting to see what he's like when he returns as he was nowhere near PL standard when he left.

Quite nice to be tracking a young lad going out on loan and actually having a great spell, very rare for us. Suppose Abeid did over in Greece but even then though he came back with stacks of improvement and looking a force, we still managed to fuck him off.

Having a great spell down there, must be doing him the world of good. Be interesting to see what he's like when he returns as he was nowhere near PL standard when he left.

Rarely had time to do anything. Was always last role of the dice when chasing a game or something. No starts. No half time appearances. Just panic sub appearances.

Rarely had time to do anything. Was always last role of the dice when chasing a game or something. No starts. No half time appearances. Just panic sub appearances.

He had a fair amount of pitch time, remember Man Utd away and Leicester away being two where i walked out thinking we need to protect him better and not throw him in at this stage where he was badly struggling. With Perez you could see from the off he was ready to play, with Armstrong, never got that feeling.

To be fair, from the little I saw of him last season I didn't expect him to be capable of what he's doing at the moment.

Obviously it is extremely harsh judging a young player in an environment so toxic that even the senior players look incapable of grasping even the concept of football, but you can only go by what you see.

• 3 weeks later...