Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

This lad is the most exciting kid to come through the academy that I can remember. Carroll didn't look good until that first season in the Championship, but this lad looks sublime at only 18. And I'm relieved we don't have Pardew here to see Aarons and Armstrong through their continued progression into a PL matchday squad at this stage of their development, hopefully no lasting damage done.

This lad is the most exciting kid to come through the academy that I can remember. Carroll didn't look good until that first season in the Championship, but this lad looks sublime at only 18. And I'm relieved we don't have Pardew here to see Aarons and Armstrong through their continued progression into a PL matchday squad at this stage of their development, hopefully no lasting damage done.

Carroll had scored a few goals in the Premiership before getting his real chance in the Championship and with his size especially he was built for the PL. Armstrong is obviously much smaller but when he's came on for us has looked overawed and scared to pick up the ball for me, let alone take someone on. AC on the other hand dived straight in, going up against big defenders and really putting himself about. Buffon was even coming out singing his praises. Also despite being the same age Aarons' appears totally unfazed and is happy to take someone on and put himself about in the game and has shown real talent when playing in the league.

I can't see why you'd regard him as the most exciting kid to come out of the academy in recent years when he's done absolutely nothing in the 2-15 minutes he's been given to try and make a mark on the game and performed no better than Adam Campbell did for us when he was getting the run-out's here and there.

I'm not saying he's going to fail and be released or owt, but at this moment in time he looks nowhere being a decent PL player and only time will tell what happens with him - It's a total 50-50 how he'll turn out at the moment IMO.

Carroll had scored a few goals in the Premiership before getting his real chance in the Championship and with his size especially he was built for the PL. Armstrong is obviously much smaller but when he's came on for us has looked overawed and scared to pick up the ball for me, let alone take someone on. AC on the other hand dived straight in, going up against big defenders and really putting himself about. Buffon was even coming out singing his praises. Also despite being the same age Aarons' appears totally unfazed and is happy to take someone on and put himself about in the game and has shown real talent when playing in the league.

I can't see why you'd regard him as the most exciting kid to come out of the academy in recent years when he's done absolutely nothing in the 2-15 minutes he's been given to try and make a mark on the game and performed no better than Adam Campbell did for us when he was getting the run-out's here and there.

I'm not saying he's going to fail and be released or owt, but at this moment in time he looks nowhere being a decent PL player and only time will tell what happens with him - It's a total 50-50 how he'll turn out at the moment IMO.

In Armstrong's defence when he's been on the pitch for us it's invariably been at the wrong time of games and into a team that hasn't functioned properly in an attacking sense for about 2 years, more probably.

Aarons has the build and explosive pace to impact at this level now, might just take AA longer to adapt.

I can go with that, but when you're having to build a case to defend his potential it undermines the statement of "This lad is the most exciting kid to come through the academy that I can remember".

With Carroll and most recently Aarons, there's no need to make any excuses for them. They just looked/look like they're gonna make it.

I can go with that, but when you're having to build a case to defend his potential it undermines the statement of "This lad is the most exciting kid to come through the academy that I can remember".

With Carroll and most recently Aarons, there's no need to make any excuses for them. They just looked/look like they're gonna make it.

Ah well, obvs I wasn't defending that statement or indeed making it.

Ah well, obvs I wasn't defending that statement or indeed making it.

Aye, you better not be. :tiote:

I'm not saying he's got the best chance of making it, but I think it's very easy for kids to look good with pace and be fearless, a la Aarons, Kazenga, Ranger to an extent. 2 of those could never cut it at PL level and the other I would want to see more of. Carroll was just doing what big lumps do and he did it from a young age, but I don't think he's intelligent enough to even have fear of the opposition. I'll take your point on Buffon's kind words, but when asked a direct question on an interview what else was he going to say? :)  I watched Carroll when he went to Liverpool, and it was difficult to watch the amount of times he just had no clue how to find space in front of the opponent's back 4. When they lost the ball due to his lack of movement and awareness he even did a little spinny jump sometimes with hands going out like a helicopter like 'wtf do I do?' and would trot back to the half way line.

I just think that Armstrong is 2 steps ahead of those around him, especially at Coventry's level. In the games where he did 'nothing', I saw him making some very smart runs, finding space, always looking for the ball. The fact that no-one passed it to him is a different story. Combined with Pardew's words of wisdom in his ear before he went out each time I'm sure he was properly primed to make an impact :D The awareness, confidence and audacity to finish both those goals in the way he did against Milwall shows a great deal about the lad's character and ability.

I think this kid has got more about him than Aarons but these are 2 great prospects the like of which we haven't seen come through our ranks in a very long time. I really hope they both come good.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aarons nor Armstrong will make it at the top level. I'd loved to be proved wrong mind, but the way our club is run and the way the game is, its impossible for youngsters these days, unless they have Rooney type ability back when he was a teenager/youngster.

Aarons nor Armstrong will make it at the top level. I'd loved to be proved wrong mind, but the way our club is run and the way the game is, its impossible for youngsters these days, unless they have Rooney type ability back when he was a teenager/youngster.

http://i.imgur.com/185ebTB.gif