Newcastle United 0 - 3 Everton - 25/03/14 - post-match reaction from page 30

Rich

Most football fans aren't in it for enjoyment TBF.

then what the fuck are you in it for?  Will Cthulu break through a rift in spacetime if you stop paying attention?

Family history, local pride, obligation, habit, loyalty, all sorts of things. Most football fans have quite a shit time don't they? I thought this was a fairly innocuous and obvious point.

Why? If those mugs are happy to pay to watch that s**** then that's their decision.

Really find posts like these horrible, the bile directed at fellow fans just because they turn out to support the team.

But they are not supporting the team they are keeping us the way we are.

If no one went I can bet you he would soon sell or start buying players and managers to get the team playing well

Aye. Ashley needs to protect his investment, ultimately fan unrest would destabilise that & the "minimum" he has to do to keep his asset stable/protected would rise. He might have to spend more.

Theres a reason they spin lines about the accounts/season tickets etc He shows that he cares, no one acts on this weakness.

then what the fuck are you in it for?  Will Cthulu break through a rift in spacetime if you stop paying attention?

Family history, local pride, obligation, habit, loyalty, all sorts of things. Most football fans have quite a shit time don't they? I thought this was a fairly innocuous and obvious point.

if you get zero enjoyment out of it, then you are a mug.  If it's the sense of community, well this community has become about as apathetic as I've ever seen. 

And honestly, loyalty?  You're an even bigger mug when you consider these overpaid tits.  And I'm about as big of an idiot as it gets for picking this club to support, not having any real connection to it.  Just fucking misguided loyalty.

if you get zero enjoyment out of it, then you are a mug.  If it's the sense of community, well this community has become about as apathetic as I've ever seen. 

And honestly, loyalty?  You're an even bigger mug when you consider these overpaid tits.  And I'm about as big of an idiot as it gets for picking this club to support, not having any real connection to it.  Just fucking misguided loyalty.

I get some enjoyment, when we play well or win or score a goal. Or when I get to go to the match, all the normal stuff. I just mean the lot of a football fan includes a hell of a lot of depressing shit.

Should've just jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon when we had the chance. :yao:

:lol: What?!?!  I think this is the best one yet.  Please expand.

Did above.

Did you choose to support Newcastle as a form of entertainment like? I know I didn't, and neither did most fans.

I get some enjoyment, when we play well or win or score a goal. Or when I get to go to the match, all the normal stuff. I just mean the lot of a football fan includes a hell of a lot of depressing shit.

I can agree with that.  However, these vampires have slowly sucked the enjoyment I get out of any victory.  There's no fist pumping for me anymore.  It's just a flatline of disinterest, but sustained by unconscious, mechanical habit...or the faint hope that the passion will return.

Did above.

Did you choose to support Newcastle as a form of entertainment like? I know I didn't, and neither did most fans.

It's not the point and you know it isn't.  We choose to sit back and not attack teams.  We have no passing style to speak of.  We leave our most gifted players in the stands or on the bench.  9 or 10 out of our starting 11 are picked with a focus on their defensive prowess.  I could go on.  This isn't what football is all about.

Mapou is a terrible right back. Disgusting that one of the best young centre backs in world football has become an incompetent right back with zero confidence.

Have to agree with this, he should be playing CB every week.

With who? :lol:

then what the f*** are you in it for?  Will Cthulu break through a rift in spacetime if you stop paying attention?

Family history, local pride, obligation, habit, loyalty, all sorts of things. Most football fans have quite a s*** time don't they? I thought this was a fairly innocuous and obvious point.

And honestly, loyalty?  You're an even bigger mug when you consider these overpaid tits.  And I'm about as big of an idiot as it gets for picking this club to support, not having any real connection to it.  Just f***ing misguided loyalty.

I get some enjoyment, when we play well or win or score a goal. Or when I get to go to the match, all the normal stuff. I just mean the lot of a football fan includes a hell of a lot of depressing s***.

I can agree with that.  However, these vampires have slowly sucked the enjoyment I get out of any victory.  There's no fist pumping for me anymore.  It's just a flatline of disinterest, but sustained by unconscious, mechanical habit...or the faint hope that the passion will return.

Yup that's exactly how I feel.

The style of football, the inability to counter-attack, shit atmosphere, the fact that fans have just become emotionless robots - couldn't give a fuck where we are in the league tonight - it's scary how little of this football club is left.

Should've just jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon when we had the chance. :yao:

:lol: Watching Liverpool games like :pokerface:

Did above.

It's not the point and you know it isn't.  We choose to sit back and not attack teams.  We have no passing style to speak of.  We leave our most gifted players in the stands or on the bench.  9 or 10 out of our starting 11 are picked with a focus on their defensive prowess.  I could go on.  This isn't what football is all about.

I don't disagree with that, I was talking about the principle, not our specific current situation.

It started from someone slagging off the match-going fans, I was trying to explain why I believe they shouldn't.

Mapou is a terrible right back. Disgusting that one of the best young centre backs in world football has become an incompetent right back with zero confidence.

Have to agree with this, he should be playing CB every week.

With who? :lol:

I would play him with Colo, I know you don't agree.

Think back even to the somewhat dark days of Gullit's reign.  When Shearer scored that goal against Tottenham in the FA Cup, I went absolutely apeshit.  that memory is indelibly stamped in my head.

1) Not sure if I would now.

2) Moot point anyway, because we won't ever get much past the 3rd round under this shitstain.

Guest neesy111

There's a reason why clubs playing in the bigger leagues get bigger attendances since more people go to get entertained in them games.

Did above.

I don't disagree with that, I was talking about the principle, not our specific current situation.

It started from someone slagging off the match-going fans, I was trying to explain why I believe they shouldn't.

Both sides are understandable, there'll be people slagging off those staying away and saying it's pointless as well.