Newcastle United 0 - 3 Everton - 25/03/14 - post-match reaction from page 30

Rich

You have to take the highs with the lows.

We've had some fantastic results with Pards at the helm and we've had some not so fantastic results too. But that's football - it's fine margins. Sometimes you need that little rub of the green or one of your purples to produce a bit of magic and we didn't have that today. If we had scored first, who knows what could have happened - it could have been US winning three nil.

On the whole - this season has been OK - some very memorable results against the big clubs and some euphoric last minus goals too, that's what football is all about - enjoying those moments. Pards showed he can mix it head-to-head with the best managers too so that's another positive.

So for Pards that makes one amazing season (when we finished 5th), one bad season (when we nearly got relegated but there were lots of reasons(one is Europe, another is injury))  and one OK/Good season (this one).

All we can do now is dust ourselves off and get ready for the next game. Cause even though Europe might now be out of our reach, these lads owe it to themselves(professional/money) and to Pards to try and win every game and send the fans home happy. And the lads need the fans support now more than ever too. So get behind the lads and let's look forward to next season! (paper says Mike is going to buy players)

Sometimes you need that little rub of the green or one of your purples to produce a bit of magic and we didn't have that today.

Pisstake, surely? Could be words straight from the horrible lips of Pardew.

If we had scored first, who knows what could have happened - it could have been US winning three nil.

:lol: Honestly.

We've had some fantastic results with Pards at the helm and we've had some not so fantastic results too. But that's football - it's fine margins. Sometimes you need that little rub of the green or one of your purples to produce a bit of magic and we didn't have that today. If we had scored first, who knows what could have happened - it could have been US winning three nil.

:lol:

When have we ever won 3-0 against a top 7 side under that prick? Man U in 2012 is all I can think of in 4 seasons.

On the whole - this season has been OK - some very memorable results against the big clubs and some euphoric last minus goals too, that's what football is all about - enjoying those moments. Pards showed he can mix it head-to-head with the best managers too so that's another positive.

So for Pards that makes one amazing season (when we finished 5th), one bad season (when we nearly got relegated but there were lots of reasons(one is Europe, another is injury))  and one OK/Good season (this one).

All we can do now is dust ourselves off and get ready for the next game. Cause even though Europe might now be out of our reach, these lads owe it to themselves(professional/money) and to Pards to try and win every game and send the fans home happy. And the lads need the fans support now more than ever too. So get behind the lads and let's look forward to next season! (paper says Mike is going to buy players)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus hates you.

Call up Westboro Baptist Church.  Get them on the picket detail.

Not sure you can picket on a briary wing.

Just getting in to say this is an OK post before you get absolutely hammered. We've kind of earned the space to complain so much about being 8th. Not that we're good this season, we aren't.

I agree Ian. Luckily our genuine fans at St James will understand that getting beat 3-0 at home by big spending Everton with their reckless manager was just the rub of the green and most will have gone home happy singing for Pardew to give them a wave.

I think this season has been a massive disappointment, for different reasons to last season, obviously.

On the face of it, 8th is alright. It could and should have been so much more, though. Then there's the cups. Then there's the Mackem defeats. Then there's getting tanked at home over and over again.

Fair point, I don't really disagree with that. But then again, after last season a lot of people were expecting a lot worse than 8th or 9th. I agree the manner of the 8th is not good, and the cups were obviously awful.

That has no place in any argument, tbh. Last season was utterly disgusting and anything less than a significant improvement would have been a disgrace.

Sorry to be aggressive-ish, but was waiting for someone to say it/waiting to nip it in the bud immediately. :lol:

Just getting in to say this is an OK post before you get absolutely hammered. We've kind of earned the space to complain so much about being 8th. Not that we're good this season, we aren't.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I think this season has been a massive disappointment, for different reasons to last season, obviously.

On the face of it, 8th is alright. It could and should have been so much more, though. Then there's the cups. Then there's the Mackem defeats. Then there's getting tanked at home over and over again.

Fair point, I don't really disagree with that. But then again, after last season a lot of people were expecting a lot worse than 8th or 9th. I agree the manner of the 8th is not good, and the cups were obviously awful.

That has no place in any argument, tbh. Last season was utterly disgusting and anything less than a significant improvement would have been a disgrace.

Well OK, but even if I accept that - if you do deliver a significant improvement then it's not a disgrace. Which we have.

Well OK, but even if I accept that - if you do deliver a significant improvement then it's not a disgrace. Which we have.

Yep, I never categorised this season as a disgrace, I said it was a massive disappointment. So we agree. :pow:

No we massively under achieved last season thanks to Pardew so considering we are now par for the course after a bad season isn't anything to get worked up about.

not to mention the pathetic cup exits and humpings to the mackems and being slaughtered at home every now and again.

Yep, I never categorised this season as a disgrace, I said it was a massive disappointment. So we agree. :pow:

:iamatwat:

I can't really remember what I expected, probably a league position about this or slightly lower. I didn't expect so many embarrassing defeats mind, those are hard to stomach.

No we massively under achieved last season thanks to Pardew so considering we are now par for the course after a bad season isn't anything to get worked up about.

not to mention the pathetic cup exits and humpings to the mackems and being slaughtered at home every now and again.

That's cool, nobody's getting worked up.

That's cool, nobody's getting worked up.

I am with disgust.

Humped at home to Everton ffs.

I would say that this season has been fucking awful.  Not for the league position, but I have watched my love for this game attenuate in slow motion over the last two.  The team that the cunt in charge sets up is hardly entertaining, and when it is, it's usually by accident.  It's fucking awful football.  Nothing beautiful about how we play. 

I can't see that win of runs as anything but a fluke, in that it coincided with Cabaye being in his best ever form for us, and us having Remy to provide the necessary "magic" to win. Without the two of them we'd be battling relegation, and does anyone think we're about to replace them over the summer?