If you care about the club - don't attend the Swansea game

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That is all. No more needs to be said; people better than me need to get the message out - do not attend the game, protest if you want but don't go. You'll not be missing anything and your blood pressure will benefit. It'll not happen, but I'll not be there; I'd rather boil my head in Ashley's piss then go through that again.

Matchday income accounts for less than a third of the club's annual turnover in the most recent results. With the extra TV money and Cabaye sale it'll be an even lower proportion next time around.

Ashley couldn't give a fuck if we don't turn up.

Matchday income accounts for less than a third of the club's annual turnover. Ashley couldn't give a fuck if we don't turn up.

Sky not picking us for games because of empty stadiums/damaging the "PL brand" will be another bit of turnover and devaluing the goodwill of the club (decreasing the worth of the club) might make a dent.

Not being able to attract players who can keep us in the category of "surviving" might help too. It's a small start, sure, but if such an idea ever happened - there's a chance (remote or not) it could snowball IMO.

Hmm.  It's potentially winnable if Remy's back and in the middle of the Easter holidays.  Also, having looked, adult tickets are £24 and kids £10.

Even though we're getting rinsed every week I think a lot of people still care too much, and kids don't view things like adults, they'll be desperate to go to see their idols.  :undecided:

Unless we're completely destroyed by Stoke, I still think there'll be more than 48k there.

Matchday income accounts for less than a third of the club's annual turnover. Ashley couldn't give a fuck if we don't turn up.

Sky not picking us for games because of empty stadiums/damaging the "PL brand" will be another bit of turnover and devaluing the goodwill of the club (decreasing the worth of the club) might make a dent.

Not being able to attract players who can keep us in the category of "surviving" might help too. It's a small start, sure, but if such an idea ever happened - there's a chance (remote or not) it could snowball IMO.

Yeah I'm not saying people shouldn't do it - I'm certainly not going again* - just saying that unless it leads to something further then in isolation it's pretty futile. The Premier League and their brand would be far more arsed than Ashley.

*Took a load of effort to drag myself there today. Wish I hadn't, naturally.

That said, if people haven't stopped turning up by now - I very much doubt it'll happen at all.

He just reduces ticket prices. The seats get mostly filled no matter what our form is.

The apathy on show today (myself included) was staggering. I don't think I've ever been at a match where the second half kicked off with so little response from the crowd. And we were playing Man Utd, at just 1-0 down. Nobody cared.

That said, if people haven't stopped turning up by now - I very much doubt it'll happen at all.

He just reduces ticket prices. The seats get mostly filled no matter what our form is.

The apathy on show today (myself included) was staggering. I don't think I've ever been at a match where the second half kicked off with so little response from the crowd. And we were playing Man Utd, at just 1-0 down. Nobody cared.

Surprised Pardew didn't mention this tbh.

It's Easter Saturday, I've got better things to do than have the piss taken out of me. I'm no organiser but if we could manage to get a sub 30,000 crowd and perhaps organise a symbolic kick about on the Town Moor at kick off then fantastic. Personally, I'd love it if it were low profile and people just didn't show up.

We played Man U today and they were shite and we could have done the double over them, instead we witnessed, again, a complete and utter piss take of the paying public. It's no where near good enough.

I think the turning against Pardew, which seems to finally be spreading among most fans,could be a game changer. Most members on this forum could foresee what would eventually unfold with him in charge, we've advocated for him to go for more than a year with the same arguments, same prophecy and same complaints.

Those who have retained some sort of belief in him have not had any reason to react until now that consequences are showing for real. It's also a very clear symptom of the Ashley regime that he isn't sacked as results are secondary with us under no threat. That could prompt some sort of reaction.

Most people who turn up are season ticket holders. It's not like 52000 are paying on the gate each week to watch what we're being served up. They've already paid to watch the games so it's no loss to Mike Ashley if they don't turn up. People want to go because they've already paid for it. I'm sure if that wasn't the case the ground would be half empty. It will be interesting to see how many turn up next season. I won't be there as I cancelled my season ticket. It will be interesting to see how many others did.

I think its in the contract they have to show a certain amount of games for each club. And lord knows empty stadiums didn't harm Wigans standing with the prem its viewing figures they care about not bums on seats.

I'm on the 10 year deal and I'll be there next year. But and it's an important but; the 2 blokes who sit next to me weren't there today (against ManU) and I'll not go again this season. It becomes easy not to go and the club need to recognise this. They may have the money in their pocket already but missing fans will be news worthy and those missing fans could soon become missing non paying fans. I watched the last 20 mins in The Clock at £2 a pint; I could get use to that. To be honest, I was in The Clock and the match happened to be on .

Aye, normally the man U game is rocking but there was almost none of that today.

Well, 'none', in fact.  :(

Apart from the bloke in the Corner who spent the entire second half on his feet singing, chanting and clapping. His hands'll be knacking, like.  :lol: