Lesta, Buhnley and who else?

Mr. Snrub

Out of interest, why do we have the chant "We hate Nottingham Forest..."?

It is just that basically we hate everyone, but love Newcastle

TO do with the miners' strikes and them crossing the pickets, is it not?

Nope.

It was sung long before then and was sung by every clubs' fans not just ours. It was one of "the" chants of the time and I remember an old MOTD commentator saying something like "Nottingham Forest - the team everyone hates".

Of course the really important part to remember is the emphatic "and Leicester" after "Sunderland too".

Dunno who the Forest fans used to use in lieu - possibly Tottenham Hotspur ??

Anyway to answer the OP I'd love to see Forest back up, it's been far too long.

I vaguely remember us using Nottingham Forest, then both "Arsenal too" and "Liverpool too" at different times.

Cool story.

Bournemouth for me, for the hell of it.

I'd say Wigan cos on paper its a good away trip, but I f***ing hate the place. Horrendous memories there pretty much every year.

Derby probably.

This. Sick of going down to Wigan and seeing us crumble.

Really wanted Forest to come up but that looks unlikely.

Would be really good to see Rosler or Howe in the PL rather than the tried and tested rubbish of the other clubs.

Would hate to Reading back up, they've been up too much for such an incredible bland club. Add absolutely nowt.

I'd say Wigan cos on paper its a good away trip, but I fucking hate the place. Horrendous memories there pretty much every year.

Derby probably.

Derby take too many points off us (like it makes a fucking difference). Even beat us 3-zip in the Championship as I recall. If Pardew's still in charge, I hope Derby come up.

Would be really good to see Rosler or Howe in the PL rather than the tried and tested rubbish of the other clubs.

Would hate to Reading back up, they've been up too much for such an incredible bland club. Add absolutely nowt.

Agree totally, can't stand Reading. They make Fulham look extremely interesting by comparison.

Wigan just take the piss, I'd rather have QPR comeback up then them, though I want neither to come up. Reading are boring and I'd rather play someone different. Usually I like a team who have either never been up before or haven't been up for some time to come up.

Won't Bournemouth and Ipswich be absolute night mares to get to for away fans?

Or, depending how you look at it, an opportunity for a long weekend away on the lash, in Bournemouth's case with the added attraction of a ground the vast majority won't have seen the toon play at before.

Think glass half full  :)

You just know our away fixture would be one of the few selected for midweek.

True. Or changed to Monday night at the last minute.

Agree totally, can't stand Reading. They make Fulham look extremely interesting by comparison.

Aye, this. Reading are the epitome of blandness.

• 2 weeks later...

Ideally Forest, but that won't happen now, so Derby.  Want more East Midlands sides up now I live there.

I hope Forest rot after they way their fans went on when we were in the Championship. Huge chips on their shoulders.

I'd like to see Boro back up. My Boro-supporting mates are a good laugh, certainly more so than my mackem "mates." Besides, they've been in exile long enough now.

Of the realistic contenders I'd prefer Brighton. It'll be nice to see them going up with Poyet going down.

Guest chopey

I think I would quite enjoy seeing QPR spunking another £60 million on overated players they might even have another go at Samba