Newcastle United 1 - 2 Swansea City - 19/4/14 - Post match reaction from page 27

Mike

How is Pulis doing so well?

Because he's an excellent manager.

Excellent is pushing it IMO. He's good at that level. But I'm loathe to praise the football he plays

He is, in my mind. In terms of motivating a group of players, turn around a losing team and get them winning, he's one of the best in the league quite easily. Football is generally shit, aye. Mind even that has improved, they played some really good stuff against us.

Palace are playing pretty good football though, yeh its physical and direct, but its entertaining.

Excellent is pushing it IMO. He's good at that level. But I'm loathe to praise the football he plays

Reminds me a bit of Curbishley. Very capable of establishing a team mid-table but the football his teams tend to play is dire.

Palace haven't played awful stuff though, albeit very disciplined at the back. Still think there's a lot who over-estimate his job at Stoke considering the money spent, but credit where it's due, fantastic job steering that lot to comfortably staying up

Reminds me a bit of Curbishley. Very capable of establishing a team mid-table but the football his teams tend to play is dire.

8th best form in the league since he joined them, superb with the side he has. They looked a certainly to finish last at one point let alone relegation.

He is, in my mind. In terms of motivating a group of players, turn around a losing team and get them winning, he's one of the best in the league quite easily. Football is generally s***, aye. Mind even that has improved, they played some really good stuff against us.

Certainly a good motivator and perfect for that palace job. And the stoke one. But I think he will always hit a ceiling

More likely to headbutt a ceiling whilst naked than hit it.