Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its simple: attacking players tends to have a better on-going resell value.

BTW, I think it's football101 that when your side back gone up to attack, you have to have a midfielder to drop back and cover the space.  Can't believe anyone here criticize him for this fucking basic duty, Jesus.

I'd happily never see him, Tiote or Anita playing again for us. If you want to do well in this league you can't be starting two out of those three.

I completely agree, unfortunately, we thought buying Thauvin was a more pressing requirement. That said, I've no idea why he's getting stick today for doing what he'd no doubt been told to do by McClaren.

McClaren told him not to have any positive impact on the game whatsoever?

That's poor management imo.

You don't half spout some shite  :cheesy:

Really disappointing shot when Sissoko cut it back for him.

Even Mitrovic couldn't really believe :lol:

Mitro seemed to know he was offside and made sure not to be in the way but then the moron still shot straight into him.

Left on crutches - http://bit.ly/1PM7PVs

Newcastle United midfielder Jack Colback left the Stadium of Light on crutches to leave him doubtful for the Magpies’ next game with Stoke City.

The Geordie player sustained the injury after a heavy challenge from former team-mate Lee Cattermole , who avoided a yellow card despite a series of fouls in the Wear-Tyne derby.

Whoever it is, as long as they're from Newcastle, he has to mention it at every opportunity, like.

Think every Carver-based article he's written refers to him as "the Geordie coach" somewhere in the opening two pars.

Guest neesy111

Some right fucking embarrassments on this board like.

Colback had a decent first half - the whole team played well. People celebrating because he's now injured.

Just fucking bizarre. Great "support".

While he played well, his performance was still a hinderance especially going forward.

I'm not a Colback cheerleader. I say it, like I see it. Last week - I said he was poor, his passing was poor and didn't really contribute.

Today he had a decent first half, the team was well in control of the game.

The thing that pisses me off is the post saying "fantastic - he's injured". Fine you might not rate him, or like him. But happy that he's injured? Especially off that prick Cattermole!

Get to f***.

Some right f***ing embarrassments on this board like.

Colback had a decent first half - the whole team played well. People celebrating because he's now injured.

Just f***ing bizarre. Great "support".

LOL

ps glad he is hurt

Guest firetotheworks

When the best that people can come up with about a player is 'did nothing wrong' 'half decent' 'decent first half' etc about a central midfielder that plays for NUFC, you should probably have a quick think about Lee, Speed, Dyer...or Cabaye, who he replaced and then consider what your standards are for this club.

He's fucking garbage, always has been and always will be. Not good enough for any Premier League team that doesn't fancy fighting relegation.

I don't like Colback at all and would really rather he wasn't at the club, but I thought he actually wasn't that bad today.

He was given time and space today and still did nothing. They backed off him and he still just played the percentages, passing it sideways and backwards, not really getting involved too much and his touches were in areas where Sunderland knew he couldn't do too much damage.

He did get kicked out of the game and that's not his fault. Any injury he's picked up was inflicted by that cunt Cattermole.

I don't like Colback at all and would really rather he wasn't at the club, but I thought he actually wasn't that bad today.

He was given time and space today and still did nothing. They backed off him and he still just played the percentages, passing it sideways and backwards, not really getting involved too much and his touches were in areas where Sunderland knew he couldn't do too much damage.

He did get kicked out of the game and that's not his fault. Any injury he's picked up was inflicted by that c*** Cattermole.

True - he wasn't great with the ball, but he got himself into the box a few times.  I suppose I just didn't find watching him today as painful as I usually do.  Still just plain average.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno why a bigger thing isn't made of the fact that people seem to prause him for simply not being bad. I've lost count of the amount of times that I've heard people say he was decent, half decent etc as if he hasn't just replaced a player whose worse performances matched Colback's best.

He did get kicked out of the game and that's not his fault. Any injury he's picked up was inflicted by that cunt Cattermole.

I think that said a lot about Jack tbh. Poyet compared him unfavourably to Cattermole when he got picked for England and in the end he allowed Cattermole to win that battle with some help from the ref.