Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

Hodgson on Colback: "I've seen him called 'the Ginger Pirlo' in some places." #nufc

Usually by people taking the piss I'd imagine. The Fenham Pele should be getting a call up too in that case.

Guest neesy111

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

Hodgson on Colback: "I've seen him called 'the Ginger Pirlo' in some places." #nufc

Someone put Woy into a retirement home.

re: colback and england i was actually thinking during the villa game - in all honesty how far below henderson is colback as a player?

this is not to say i rate colback particularly highly btw

Absolutely miles behind at this stage. Henderson was bang average at best and now he's a very good midfielder imo. Colback is bang average at best...

He's just playing with better players and a better coach imho

Couldn't disagree more, his progress has been much more than something as simple as that imo.

Nah, we saw the real Henderson during the world cup tbh.

Henderson was fine at doing what he does in the WC imo.

Aye, fuck all. :lol:

Anyway I'm saying they're similar in many senses, keep it tidy, rarely lose it, rarely make major fuck ups but neither of them have many memorable games tbh

Yo Jack, you've made the England squad!

http://i.imgur.com/IauKOR5.jpg

Yo Jack, ya maw is deed

Yo Jack, can you pull a face

He's referring to this, already posted a few ages back:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2728574/Wayne-Rooney-Manchester-United-s-natural-leader-Ginger-Pirlo-Jack-Colback-deserves-England-call-Jordan-Henderson-Steven-Gerrard.html

Jack Colback is England class – his set-pieces are phenomenal. And he’s got bottle as well.

This kid isn’t stupid. He’s a Geordie who’s well aware of the passions on Tyneside and Wearside. These fans don’t hold back when it comes to rivalries. Even punching a horse isn’t off limits when it’s Newcastle vs Sunderland.

So for a Newcastle fan to make the move from Sunderland to St James’ Park, and on a free transfer – well, you’ve got to admire Colback’s balls.

And check out his Newcastle debut. Sure they lost, but you’ve got to have a small-minded football brain to think there were no positives for Alan Pardew after the match, and Colback was one of them.

He’s the Ginger Pirlo, trusted with the set-pieces, and delivering good service with most of them. I like this kid, and I can’t help thinking that if he’d come through at Arsenal, Liverpool or even the 'boutique' academy at Southampton, Colback would have had an England call-up by now.

At Sunderland he was forced to play at full back, and a succession of different managers never got the best out of him consistently until Gus Poyet turned up. He’s a central midfielder who can pass, and who can deliver a deadly set-piece. Go and watch him, Roy.

Guest firetotheworks

re: colback and england i was actually thinking during the villa game - in all honesty how far below henderson is colback as a player?

this is not to say i rate colback particularly highly btw

Absolutely miles behind at this stage. Henderson was bang average at best and now he's a very good midfielder imo. Colback is bang average at best...

He's just playing with better players and a better coach imho

Couldn't disagree more, his progress has been much more than something as simple as that imo.

Nah, we saw the real Henderson during the world cup tbh.

Henderson was fine at doing what he does in the WC imo.

Aye, f*** all. :lol:

Anyway I'm saying they're similar in many senses, keep it tidy, rarely lose it, rarely make major f*** ups but neither of them have many memorable games tbh

Agree to disagree, I would have a look at Henderson last season if you get a chance. He was a consistent 7 or 8/10 player in a team that almost won the league. His quality now is much higher than Colback's imo.

This is what happens when you leave the mackems.

This is true.

Bent was averaging about 1 in 2 for us and barely got a look in til he moved to Villa.

Based on form alone Cattermole is ahead of Colback at the minute.

I don't think Colback is anything special BUT he absolutely pisses all over Cattermole as footballer, not even close

The day someone of the calibre of Cattermole gets picked for England is the day the country should just retire from international football

This is true.

Bent was averaging about 1 in 2 for us and barely got a look in til he moved to Villa.

I don't think Colback is anything special BUT he absolutely pisses all over Cattermole as footballer, not even close

The day someone of the calibre of Cattermole gets picked for England is the day the country should just retire from international football

He really doesn't

This is true.

Yep, Cattermole would be an embarrassment at international level. His particular brand of clogging is ideal for English football, he'd be sent off within 30 mins playing for England.

Wow  :lol:

Fair play to the guy. He hasn't done much wrong since he joined. This pretty much cements his place in our first team forever now. Pards drop an England international?! No chance. Oh, and he's likely to be the next captain for Newcastle now.

As for Cattermole he would definitely be in, if he didn't have such a disgusting disciplinary record, due to always flying in on people. Outside of that, he's an alright player really.

Colback getting the call to play for England is a sad indictment of the state of English football. He played well against City without pulling any trees up but I've seen very little to suggest he could make the step up into International football. I'd be saying the same regardless of who he plays for too. He's a decent, steady player without being exceptional in any area, no more. 

I just looked at the players with the most red cards in the Premier League.  Everyone else on the list is either retired or in their 30s.  Cattermole is one away from the record (held by Vieira, Big Dunc and Dunne), and equal with Roy Keane.  He's what, 25 or 26?  That's a huge reason not to put him in your squad

Colback getting the call to play for England is a sad indictment of the state of English football. He played well against City without pulling any trees up but I've seen very little to suggest he could make the step up into International football. I'd be saying the same regardless of who he plays for too. He's a decent, steady player without being exceptional in any area, no more. 

I think international football might suit him better tbh. It's played at a slower tempo usually so his lack of pace isn't likely to be noticed as much. He's a tidy player even if he doesn't pull up any trees.

Guest chopey

This "step up" to international football must be a myth by now Joe hart and Gary Cahill dont step up to England from there club level