Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest alijmitchell

I have to say, there are things I like about him. It is always good to have someone in the side who can strike a shot from distance, who plays a simple ball, and who has a fairly good dead ball. But, all this good work is ruined by a lack of dynamism, intelligence and awareness

No Colo?

Colo has done well for us in the past admittedly. Overrated by some i feel. He has been ropey lately and was really poor against Hull plus he's wants out at the end of the season anyway. Time to try Dummett and Williamson in my opinion.

I have to say, there are things I like about him. It is always good to have someone in the side who can strike a shot from distance, who plays a simple ball, and who has a fairly good dead ball. But, all this good work is ruined by a lack of dynamism, intelligence and awareness

His intelligence and awareness are good as is his passing and retention of the ball which was a breath of fresh air after being frustrated by Tiotes waywood distribution.  His positioning is also very good…. ok i have to admit he's not very Dynamic or eye catching in the same way as Sissoko, Cabella and Aarons etc are but still a really decent player that does the simple things well in my opinion.

Guest Rustin Cohle

The simple things like running, passing the ball five yards and wearing a football kit?  Also known as the absolute bare minimum that a footballer should be capable of?

Pretty much what Anita does (minus the goals and assists this season) yet there's a wankathon over Vurn on another thread.

They offer different things tbh, it's just the things Vurn offers lend themselves to a team who is trying to play football, rather than a team that is there to defend, work hard, and pray to Ganesha that they might nick a goal at home to west brom.

Guest Rustin Cohle

They offer different things tbh, it's just the things Vurn offers lend themselves to a team who is trying to play football, rather than a team that is there to defend, work hard, and pray to Ganesha that they might nick a goal at home to west brom.

Vurnon Anita plays football like a small child against his overly enthusiastic dad in the back garden.

I like Colback, there is a place in the team for someone who plays the ugly side of the game, the problem is that we have too many in at once.

We dont need Colback, Tiote, Anita and to a lesser extent Abeid, all in the same set up. One to sit unfront of the back four is enough and Abeid is head and shoulders above the rest on that list. Mainly because he offers a decent set of other skills, not just graft.

Guest Rustin Cohle

I like Colback, there is a place in the team for someone who plays the ugly side of the game, the problem is that we have too many in at once.

We dont need Colback, Tiote, Anita and to a lesser extent Abeid, all in the same set up. One to sit unfront of the back four is enough and Abeid is head and shoulders above the rest on that list. Mainly because he offers a decent set of other skills, not just graft.

We don't need Tiote or Anita. Tiote is a good player but horrifically out of form, and his time here has ran it's course. A move away would be best for both parties.

Anita isn't good enough.

Abeid looks like he might have a bit about him so would like to see him given a crack of the whip.

Anita and Colback are twice the players Tiote is technically. Tiote is twice they player they both are physically. In fact in terms of physique a mighty-morphin ColbAnita Power Ranger would be like Tiote.

Guest Rustin Cohle

If Colback wasn't English there's no way he'd be the guaranteed starter in our team that he is. He likely not even be considered good enough for this league.

Aye, we're famous for our pick-a-player-because-he's-English policy.

He's a canny player, no more, no less.

If de Jong is fit, and lives up to his billing, Wor Jack'll soon be competing with Sissoko for a CM spot. I imagine Carver will try and shoehorn him into the defensive midfielder role alongside Moussa, at first, but, from what I've seen this season, he doesn't have the positional sense to play there.