Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Being good trumps nationality every single time.

Not arsed about where he was born, who he's played for or how many fingers he's stuck up in a random twitter picture. I'm arsed because I believe him to be deeply average and yet another player signed because he's going cheap/free and he'll fill a gap. May as well have kept Perch ffs.

It's not a random twitter photo is it? He knew exactly what he was doing, fuck him

What's been said to make everyone so convince he's coming?

I think it was pretty much nailed on before Sunderland did the great escape, with the contract situation you can understand why we'd be keen. He's okay technically from what I've seen, but lacks pace for a top club. I'm not sure where he'd fit  into our side though.

The Cabaye role obviously.

Even Cabaye didn't fit into the Cabaye role he was given at our club. What was it exactly, the 3rd defensive midfielder after Tiote and Anita?

Quarterback.

Pinging long passes to the lone striker marked by two defenders doesn't work out so well in the English version of the game.

It's the role he was given. Not my idea mate. :lol:

He was initially signed to control possession and the tempo of a game iirc. Feed him the ball as much as possible and let him dictate play - that was the plan that was sold to Cabaye.

I know you are quoting Pardew man, but I think when Cabaye was sold that vision of controlling the tempo of the game pinging long balls in the direction of Cisse wasn't what he had in mind :lol:

I seem to recall Pardew saying "if you control the midfield you control the game" or something like that when signing Cabaye.

It's easier to control the midfield when you put players in the middle of the field. Not so much when they are sat in front of their central defenders to try and stop the opposition midfielders.

Sister was at his wedding, yesterday, seems to be very likely that he's joining.

Based on?

Body language?

His words  :lol:

So what did he say? :lol:

Confirmed some attempts at negotiating between his representative and the club, said we're his first choice and finished it off with the old 'we'll see'. His wife was more open about it and said she was sure he'd end up here.

Sister was at his wedding, yesterday, seems to be very likely that he's joining.

Based on?

Body language?

His words  :lol:

So what did he say? :lol:

Confirmed some attempts at negotiating between his representative and the club, said we're his first choice and finished it off with the old 'we'll see'. His wife was more open about it and said she was sure he'd end up here.

:'(

Thanks.

Good signing provided we bring in others that are better, good option as a squad player, effectively a replacement for Danny Guthrie, better than Dan Gosling.

Good signing provided we bring in others that are better, good option as a squad player, effectively a replacement for Danny Guthrie, better than Dan Gosling.

You would say that.

I think he'll be a lot better than people on here are expecting, if a bit lacking in pace. Not too fussed either way about him tbh. He doesn't look like he's either a defensive midfielder or a proper attacking one, that would be my major concern.

Our CM consists of Anita, Tiote, Sissoko (if he isn't playing on the wing) and utility man Ryan Taylor. He's going to get plenty of playing time here either in CM or as a winger (add in obligatory LB mention).

He's fucking bang average at best and we'd be nowhere near him if he wasn't on a free. Sign of the times that this is what we have been reduced to by a dickhead owner and manager.