Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wouldn't mind a look at De Jong, assuming he'd survive.

Be interested in seeing him alongside Tiote or Anita with De Jong given license to get forward.

Would be inclined to stick with the same front four tbh.

Be interested in seeing him alongside Tiote or Anita with De Jong given license to get forward.

Not sure he is mobile enough to be a centre mid

Not sure he is mobile enough to be a centre mid

I'm not even sure he qualifies as a centre mid, he seems to play more as an auxiliary striker. To replace Colback he'd be expected to do his share of defensive duties, but he doesn't exactly look the sort who gets stuck in.

Guest firetotheworks

Could Mbabu maybe play in there at a push?

Why is stuff like this always suggested? I don't get it. It's something that would only work on FIFA but in real life if always, always an absolute disaster.

Just play Anita, he should be playing anyway.

Anita is playing anyway, McClaren generally goes with two holding midfielders. That's why I can't see him going for De Jong unless he's capable of taking on a more defensive role than he's been asked to do so far.

Could Mbabu maybe play in there at a push?

Why is stuff like this always suggested? I don't get it. It's something that would only work on FIFA but in real life if always, always an absolute disaster.

Fucking hell man. I honestly thought the lad had played DM before as well as CB and fullback.

After conceding 3 goals, some of you think he'll start De Jong in CM.

Anita will come back in. Gouffran to replace Tiote after Tiote picks up a yellow in the 7th minute.

Nobody thinks that De Jong will start in CM. Shak just wanted him to try it

After conceding 3 goals, some of you think he'll start De Jong in CM.

Anita will come back in. Gouffran to replace Tiote after Tiote picks up a yellow in the 7th minute.

I don't see why everyone is so fussed about someone getting a yellow nowadays. Tiote has been booked 49 times for us in the league games alone but has never been sent off for two yellows which is pretty remarkable considering he's the dumbest and thickest cunt to have played for us according to most people here. Sure, it limits his game a bit but he's still better than the shite alternatives.