Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everyone I've spoken to thought he was crap as well. As usual he did nothing other than fail to reach his opponents and give away stupid free kicks.

We win a few games and everyone is all "Isn't Jack lovely!"

Nah ... he is awful. He doesn't add anything ever, and doesn't scare the opposition in any way shape or form.

"Oh look he's making forward passes!" Yeah, very exciting. Please lets stop all this. Right now.

Everyone I've spoken to thought he was crap as well. As usual he did nothing other than fail to reach his opponents and give away stupid free kicks.

Were you there yesterday?

Yeah. He was getting stick from around me as well. Obviously we dominated the game, but in the context of that he contributed almost nothing.

Thought he did ok on the first twenty minutes or so. Played some nice passes and kept his tempo up.

Then it was the usual bullshit. Overhitting a cross, dallying with the ball at his feet, so slow to make any decision that the crowd grumbled.

What is it with him and heading the ball? He can't judge the flight of a ball to save his life. Gets under it then jumps straight up in the air. Invariably the ball bounces off the top of his noggin and goes backwards [emoji38]

Were you there yesterday?

Yeah. He was getting stick from around me as well. Obviously we dominated the game, but in the context of that he contributed almost nothing.

Got no stick from anyone round me. Thought he did well, as he has done most of the season which is the reason Rafa is picking him ahead of a good player in Hayden.

Some people have just got an agenda and will criticise him regardless unfortunately. We do seem to have a large percentage of whingers in our crowd. Gladly not near where I sit.

Literally never seen the guy have a good game.

I mean, if by him playing well, people mean that we still managed to win and he didn't do anything that led directly to us conceding, then I'll give you that I guess.

I mean, if by him playing well, people mean that we still managed to win and he didn't do anything that led directly to us conceding, then I'll give you that I guess.

He's had plenty of good games this season. That's why Rafa keeps picking him.

Really?

I think Rafa picks him to give others a rest, as we're playing well enough to win in spite of him.

He's done well lately no denying it. I believe this is his level mind but I'll give credit where it's due whether I like a player or not. If we get promoted I'd expect Rafa to move him on.

Played well yesterday. A good player at this level.

He was ineffective and chased shadows. He executed a few routine passes and did little else.

He'll get a 7/10 in most of the papers tomorrow because that's what his performance merited. Like i said too many people have an agenda so won't give him any praise regardless. Rafa must be happy with him as he continues to pick him ahead of Hayden.

He was ineffective and chased shadows. He executed a few routine passes and did little else.

He'll get a 7/10 in most of the papers tomorrow because that's what his performance merited. Like i said too many people have an agenda so won't give him any praise regardless. Rafa must be happy with him as he continues to pick him ahead of Hayden.

You probably think he hates Sunlun almost as much you too :thup:

You probably think he hates Sunlun almost as much you too :thup:

Tbh I'm not really interested in his thoughts about Sunderland. If that's why people hate him well that's up to them.

Same here.

I'm not sure what agenda I'm supposed to have, except watching Jack Colback play football many times and observing that he's cack at it.

Same here.

I'm not sure what agenda I'm supposed to have, except watching Jack Colback play football many times and observing that he's cack at it.

Rafa's clearly seeing something that you're not then as he prefers him at this moment in time to Hayden and Tiote.

I hope he's just playing him because Hayden needs a rest or his physical stats aren't right etc, and he knows we can win anyway. If Rafa rates Colback in any way I would be absolutely amazed.

Tiote yes, since the guy wants away, is a stone overweight and hasn't run in about six months.

I hope he's just playing him because Hayden needs a rest or his physical stats aren't right etc, and he knows we can win anyway. If Rafa rates Colback in any way I would be absolutely amazed.

Tiote yes, since the guy wants away, is a stone overweight and hasn't run in about six months.

It's a hell of a rest he's giving Hayden if that's the case!

rafa's always had a thing for a deep lying player mind, but like you i'd be amazed if he had colback playing in the PL

well amazed isn't really the word, mortified is probably more accurate

Is Colback better than Hayden at anything? Is he a better partner for Shelvey? Does he provide any protection to the defence or anything going forward? A resounding no on all counts.

Guess he's just one of those players that people like for some reason, I literally can't see anything he does to merit it.

Is Colback better than Hayden at anything? Is he a better partner for Shelvey? Does he provide any protection to the defence or anything going forward? A resounding no on all counts.

Guess he's just one of those players that people like for some reason, I literally can't see anything he does to merit it.

Thing is I don't like him but if he plays well I'll say so and he's been playing well of late. That's why he's keeping Hayden out the team.