Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Basically it's not so much as us just having a player on our books for no transfer fee, it's the continuation of our pathetic mindset that we feel the need to replace Dan Gosling, one of the worst footballers on our books, with Jack Colback.

If we let Gosling go and nobody had come in by then you just  know people would be moaning that our squad was now even smaller and still no replacements.  Personally I'm not going to complain if they want to replace an utterly useless player with a potentially ok player.  I'll complain if they don't bring better in before the first game of next season.

Unless Pardews still here by then in which case I'm out anyway.

Basically it's not so much as us just having a player on our books for no transfer fee, it's the continuation of our pathetic mindset that we feel the need to replace Dan Gosling, one of the worst footballers on our books, with Jack Colback.

If we let Gosling go and nobody had come in by then you know for a fact people would be moaning that our squad was now even smaller and still no replacements.

So fuck? :lol:

How does Jack Coback change that in any way? We'd still be terrible.

Signing no one for 18 months just to snap up some clogger from f***ing Sunderland on a free transfer. Of all the disrespectful things the Ashley regime has conjured upon the fans this has got to be among with the worst. We just sold our best midfielder for years and received quite a bit of money for him and we should expect quite an investment on a good midfielder to replace him. Not Jack Colback for f***s sake.

Grow a pair. :lol:

So we shouldn't sign ANYONE until we actually sign a player as good as Cabaye then?

Fed up of the whole "cabaye replacement" s****, we going to call the player that who we sign? :lol:

Have you paid attention at all in these last few years?  :lol:

sure we all have, but you literally can’t kick off about colback in the context of being the replacement for cab aye until the transfer window opens at least, personally i’d be tempted to wait until nearer the end of it like :lol:

Exactly, it won't stop people bitching for the sake of bitching mind. I get the feeling many Newcastle fans are just looking for any tiny reason to have a bitch. :lol:

Christ Almighty.

f***ing awful post by sixx like, utterly woeful

Did I hit a nerve somewhere? :lol: Under our current ownership and management it wouldn't surprise me at all that Colback would be intended to fill the gap Cabaye left. Colback might be an alright player but we really should be aiming higher than signing players on free from Sunderland. The bottom line is that we don't need to replace Dan Gosling as some are suggesting and we don't need a new utility player who regularly plays out of position.

Signing no one for 18 months just to snap up some clogger from fucking Sunderland on a free transfer. Of all the disrespectful things the Ashley regime has conjured upon the fans this has got to be among with the worst. We just sold our best midfielder for years and received quite a bit of money for him and we should expect quite an investment on a good midfielder to replace him. Not Jack Colback for fucks sake.

not even going to say anything beyond putting your first post in juxtaposition with the bit in bold, you’ve toned things down now like so fair enough, bolded bit is reasonable to be, first quote is melodrama

If we let Gosling go and nobody had come in by then you know for a fact people would be moaning that our squad was now even smaller and still no replacements.

So f***? :lol:

How does Jack Coback change that in any way? We'd still be terrible.

They will only add Colback's full contract and signing on fee plus agent fees to how much we've spent on transfers. Rather we didn't have him at all, sort of thing they'd brag about how he wasn't free and still cost us money.

It doesn't change much, it merely means we've lost a completely useless player and gained a potentially ok player, at most something to mention in passing, rather than a horrendous atrocity we should spend page after page moaning about.  IF he's anything more than a incidental part of our transfer plans then its worth moaning about.

Colback is a known quantity. Barring some miraculous turn of form, we're getting an average PL central midfielder. An upgrade on Gosling, but that's not saying much.

However, this will likely keep Bigirimana and Abeid out of the first-team, again. Which isn't to say that either is better than Colback, but they've also not been given a chance. Abeid has had a pretty good season on loan in Greece, and Bigi looked a decent player in 2012/13, at 19 years old, before being unceremoniously dumped to the reserves this year. If we think either has the potential to be an average PL midfielder or better, why wouldn't we give them a chance over Colback?

I'm guessing Free Jack Colback crew are also understanding about offering Shola a new contract too, aye? I mean he would be free, and we'd only moan that the squad was now even smaller and still with no replacements, yeah? In a way they can't win.

awful comparison on every level hans, albeit easy

It doesn't change much, it merely means we've lost a completely useless player and gained a potentially ok player, at most something to mention in passing, rather than a horrendous atrocity we should spend page after page moaning about.  IF he's anything more than a incidental part of our transfer plans then its worth moaning about.

It means that we're sitting with a rubbish player (or a potentially OK player if you want to put it that way, fucking exciting like) on our books because we're too cheap to go out and buy proper replacements, whether they be for the first XI or for the bench. It's completely shit and exactly why we're fucking terrible. How people can brush it off as something we should just mention in passing is beyond me, we're talking about the recruits for next seasons Premiership squad ffs.

It means that we're sitting with a rubbish player (or a potentially OK player if you want to put it that way, fucking exciting like) on our books because we're too cheap to go out and buy proper replacements, whether they be for the first XI or for the bench. It's completely shit and exactly why we're fucking terrible. How people can brush it off as something we should just mention in passing is beyond me, we're talking about the recruits for next seasons Premiership squad ffs.

Are you saying that if we don't sign Colback that means we aren't cheap and will buy proper replacements?

I'm guessing Free Jack Colback crew are also understanding about offering Shola a new contract too, aye? I mean he would be free, and we'd only moan that the squad was now even smaller and still with no replacements, yeah? In a way they can't win.

How is it awful? It's the same mentality from the people bringing the players in, quick fix to a problem that is only there as they've allowed to become one. Unless you can care to explain how Shola signing a new contract is in any way damaging to the club going by your logic, or do you not believe it is?

Are you saying that if we don't sign Colback that means we aren't cheap and will buy proper replacements?

No, hence why I never wrote anything remotely resembling that.

How is it awful? It's the same mentality from the people bringing the players in, quick fix to a problem that is only there as they've allowed to become one. Unless you can care to explain how Shola signing a new contract is in any way damaging to the club going by your logic, or do you not believe it is?

one is a shambling mess who we’ve seen fucking up for us week in week out for hundreds of years taking millions of pounds with him in the process

the other is a passable PL player with reasonable fitness levels who plays for the mackems and may or may not improve our squad

No, hence why I never wrote anything remotely resembling that.

Hmm ok, just think you're putting too much significance on the transfer like.

It means that we're sitting with a rubbish player (or a potentially OK player if you want to put it that way, f***ing exciting like) on our books because we're too cheap to go out and buy proper replacements, whether they be for the first XI or for the bench. It's completely s*** and exactly why we're f***ing terrible. How people can brush it off as something we should just mention in passing is beyond me, we're talking about the recruits for next seasons Premiership squad ffs.

:clap:

We've apparently got millions in the bank and we are scratting around trying to send offcasts from the team that are bottom of the league. The club don't care that he tried his best to wind up our fans, or that this news will just piss off fans who are desperate to see us sign someone to replace Cabaye. All they care about is that he's free and he can play in more than one position. Like someone said before why don't we just go for a CM who can start games for us and everyone else can just drop down the pecking order accordingly? A year ago i'd have agreed with everyone saying we are putting too much emphasis on this transfer but knowing these cunts we'll get Colback in, give Gosling a new contract then be told that we should pipe Ashley off because he's finally bought the striker we've needed for three seasons.

Full emo I know  :lol:

It means that we're sitting with a rubbish player (or a potentially OK player if you want to put it that way, f***ing exciting like) on our books because we're too cheap to go out and buy proper replacements, whether they be for the first XI or for the bench. It's completely s*** and exactly why we're f***ing terrible. How people can brush it off as something we should just mention in passing is beyond me, we're talking about the recruits for next seasons Premiership squad ffs.

We've apparently got millions in the bank and we are scratting around trying to send offcasts from the team that are bottom of the league. The club don't care that he tried his best to wind up our fans, or that this news will just piss off fans who are desperate to see us sign someone to replace Cabaye. All they care about is that he's free and he can play in more than one position. Like someone said before why don't we just go for a CM who can start games for us and everyone else can just drop down the pecking order accordingly? A year ago i'd have agreed with everyone saying we are putting too much emphasis on this transfer but knowing these cunts we'll get Colback in, give Gosling a new contract then be told that we should pipe Ashley off because he's finally bought the striker we've needed for three seasons.

Fair enough Ashley and Pardew are cunts so its understandable to be extremely skeptical, I barely even want to watch the games anymore with that prick picking the side let alone think about who we might sign.  Though I do have to mention again that Colback turned Sunderland down, so not actually a cast off.

We've apparently got millions in the bank and we are scratting around trying to send offcasts from the team that are bottom of the league. The club don't care that he tried his best to wind up our fans, or that this news will just p*ss off fans who are desperate to see us sign someone to replace Cabaye. All they care about is that he's free and he can play in more than one position. Like someone said before why don't we just go for a CM who can start games for us and everyone else can just drop down the pecking order accordingly? A year ago i'd have agreed with everyone saying we are putting too much emphasis on this transfer but knowing these c***s we'll get Colback in, give Gosling a new contract then be told that we should pipe Ashley off because he's finally bought the striker we've needed for three seasons.

Fair enough Ashley and Pardew are c***s so its understandable to be extremely skeptical, I barely even want to watch the games anymore with that prick picking the side let alone think about who we might sign.  Though I do have to mention again that Colback turned Sunderland down, so not actually a cast off :)

:thup: fair enough.