Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obviously a lot of people happy Gosling has been getting games this season.

Gosling or Colback? Hmm, f***ing tough choice that one.

:lol: f***ing hell man, people don't want us signing s*** like Jack Colback so we must be over the moon that Gosling has been getting games, like the 2 should be in any way linked.

It's more the fact that in 4 years time there'll be a thread about us signing Jack Collison with people saying saying "Obviously a lot of people happy Colback has been getting games this season.

Colback or Collison? Hmm, f***ing tough choice that one."

We don't need him, we'll need an instant replacement for him the moment he puts pen to paper.

The two are linked as Colback is a massive improvement on gosling. It's quite simple really.

So who do we get to replace gosling? Will xavi come sit on the bench for cover? Or does it have to be some French c*** no one has heard of who'll want away as soon as it gets tough or a better offer is thrown in front of his face?

I've already explained earlier why I don't want us to sign Colback, however I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram should we do so like so many are prepared to do before he's even signed.

This I sincerely don't understand. Gosling has started three PL matches this season and has come on as a substitute in another three. He hasn't looked useful in any of these games. On the whole during his four year spell at the club he has featured in 22 PL games. This all the while Bigirimana, Abeid, Marveaux and Ben Arfa barely get a look in. There is nothing to replace when Gosling goes.

He's not s**** imo, probably same sort of level to Guthrie & Perch if not slightly better.

Bit harsh on Guthrie throwing him in with them imo. At least he could play a bit despite numerous shortcomings.

He's a Championship player. Colback is a bang average Premier League midfielder.

He's not s**** imo, probably same sort of level to Guthrie & Perch if not slightly better.

Bit harsh on Guthrie throwing him in with them imo. At least he could play a bit despite numerous shortcomings.

He's a Championship player. Colback is a bang average Premier League midfielder.

Is he? He often doesn't get in the mackems' midfield and they're bottom of the table.

Obviously a lot of people happy Gosling has been getting games this season.

Gosling or Colback? Hmm, fucking tough choice that one.

:lol: fucking hell man, people don't want us signing shit like Jack Colback so we must be over the moon that Gosling has been getting games, like the 2 should be in any way linked.

It's more the fact that in 4 years time there'll be a thread about us signing Jack Collison with people saying saying "Obviously a lot of people happy Colback has been getting games this season.

Colback or Collison? Hmm, fucking tough choice that one."

We don't need him, we'll need an instant replacement for him the moment he puts pen to paper.

The two are linked as Colback is a massive improvement on gosling. It's quite simple really.

So who do we get to replace gosling? Will xavi come sit on the bench for cover? Or does it have to be some French cunt no one has heard of who'll want away as soon as it gets tough or a better offer is thrown in front of his face?

I've already explained earlier why I don't want us to sign Colback, however I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram should we do so like so many are prepared to do before he's even signed.

Well let's assume we play 3 in centre midfield.  We have Tiote, Abeid, Sissoko, Anita, Bigi and (possibly) Vuckic for those positions.  We have £65m to play with in the transfer market this window (:lol:) and the club have already stated we'll be signing a replacement for Cabaye (:lol::lol:).

Why do we need to replace a shite player who rarely features for us with a shite player from one of the worst sides in the league for free?

Jack Colback would be a very uninspiring signing. I see from his stats he is another midfielder who doesn't score goals (unless they are against NUFC which he won't be able to do if he signs for NUFC - excluding own goals). He would be an improvement on Gosling although how he can be called a replacement for Gosling I don't know. Gosling has barely played in all his time on our books.

Colback isn't average premier league midfielder for me personally.

I'd throw mulubu and say Charlie Adam into that bracket and Colback isn't as good as either of those imo

I think a lot of people have trouble with the word average.

I'd throw mulubu and say Charlie Adam into that bracket and Colback isn't as good as either of those imo

Not a fan either mate?

Not a fan either mate?

I just agree with your point really, he isn't good enough to be considered an average premier league player. He's not horrifically bad or anything

Not a fan either mate?

I just agree with your point really, he isn't good enough to be considered an average premier league player. He's not horrifically bad or anything

Yup, I think all the factors posted by other such as having an awful manager,  him playing for Sunderland and taking the piss out of us makes him a horrific signing for us.

Just demonstrates how much contempt Ashley and his cronies have for us

Guest palnese

Any ideas why the worst team in the league are letting this 'decent' player's contract run out?

Rejected offers for both him and Gardner in Jan, I think.

Any ideas why the worst team in the league are letting this 'decent' player's contract run out?

You're confused mate, we're trying to buy him I think, rather than let him go.

:lol:

Was waiting for this. Well, this or 'what's Gosling got to do with anything?'.

How many games was he getting before Cabaye left? Can't believe anyone is genuinely using this Gosling replacement thing.

That's what I don't get, we don't need a Gosling replacement. If we sign a proper Cabaye replacement aswell wouldn't that make Colback 5th choice CM?

Guest chopey

Everton can have him, due to the current financial conditions at the club we can't even sign free's any more I wonder if Ashley has thought about players from the woman's premier league ?

Colback is one of three English players we will be looking to sign as we turn our backs to the French experiment according to the Times today. The other two are MK Dons midfielder Dele Alli, an 18-year-old who can score, and they are tracking the Ipswich left-back Aaron Cresswell, 24.

Real top drawer English talent that :lol: