Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest TruToon94

I don't think it's any secret I don't like or rate Rooney but to say he was gargantuan is odd. Personally I though he looked thinner and fitter this World Cup then he has for a long time.

I don't think it's any secret I don't like or rate Rooney but to say he was gargantuan is odd. Personally I though he looked thinner and fitter this World Cup then he has for a long time.

For a professional athlete he has never, ever looked fit.

Sorry guys, just being silly about Rooney.  :razz:

I don't know about Ben Arfa, I mean if the likes of Nolan aren't considered to be overweight, and managed to get game time under Pardew without any issues then I don't think this is Ben Arfa's problem with our club.

I just think he doesn't remember to track back like he should. Not sure it's a fitness thing. I think it's just a mindset. He also appears to take too many risks for Pardew's liking i.e. in and around midfield and our half.

Guest firetotheworks

Whaaaaaaat?

So much crap being talked here like.

But he was? And has never looked fit, what is your view like?

Some saying that he was terrible, you saying he was one of the best performers. Others saying that he looked thinner and fitter. All of the opinions are one or the other, I dunno. I didn't think he was terrible or our better performers. It's not that important like, I'm just talking for the sake of it really.

Mental what's gone on with Hatem, man.

I can remember absolutely raging when N'Zogbia was misused by Roeder. Hatem's twice the player, the whole situation is ten times tragic, but I'm half as bothered. If I believed the club had the intention of competing, I'd be absolutely spitting feathers at the idea of Hatem not being a part of it going forward - like I was when Duff was keeping Zoggy out the team. Aye, I knew we were shit, but I still believed we were a football club in the traditional, sporting sense, and it was infuriating seeing bad decision getting made cos, deep down, there was real tangible hope.

Nothing infuriates me now because I have zero hope. What's the point? I sometimes wonder if I really am as apathetic as I claim to be, then my indifference to a genius like Hatem being forced out by a cunt of a manager probably confirms it.

I can remember absolutely raging when N'Zogbia was misused by Roeder. Hatem's twice the player, the whole situation is ten times tragic, but I'm half as bothered. If I believed the club had the intention of competing, I'd be absolutely spitting feathers at the idea of Hatem not being a part of it going forward - like I was when Duff was keeping Zoggy out the team. Aye, I knew we were shit, but I still believed we were a football club in the traditional, sporting sense, and it was infuriating seeing bad decision getting made cos, deep down, there was real tangible hope.

Nothing infuriates me now because I have zero hope. What's the point? I sometimes wonder if I really am as apathetic as I claim to be, then my indifference to a genius like Hatem being forced out by a cunt of a manager probably confirms it.

I'm not as bothered now, because I've already been through the peak of rage. The fact we haven't built our side around Ben Arfa is absolutely criminal IMO, he's the most talented player we've had for years, and the most exciting.

I'm not as bothered now, because I've already been through the peak of rage. The fact we haven't built our side around Ben Arfa is absolutely criminal IMO, he's the most talented player we've had for years, and the most exciting.

Seconded, and thirded.

He fat?

He's a lot heavier than he was when he first arrived here. Part of that is filling out, but he doesn't exactly look lean and mean these days either.

People keep bringing up Hatem's previous failures at other clubs. But has he ever played under a manager who appreciates/encourages flair? We know from first hand experience that for every Keegan or Sir Bobby, there's about a hundred Souness' and Pardews out there, i.e. managers who focus on defense and work rate because (a) it's easier and (b) it masks their inability to coach, work with, and get the best out of attacking flair/genuine talent. The difference between these types of managers for a flair player is like night and day.

No less fit or as fat as that useless glob of thundershit gosling and he got played despite being twice as chubby and having zero the talent. Ergo pardew is a complete bellhelm.

No one is arguing otherwise.

Rooney is also gargantuan. Hence his poor World Cup performance.

What a load of rubbish.

An assist against Italy.

A Goal against Uruguay.

One of our better players at the world cup and he, like HBA, is not fat, gargantuan, huge or anything of the sort.

No less fit or as fat as that useless glob of thundershit gosling and he got played despite being twice as chubby and having zero the talent. Ergo pardew is a complete bellhelm.

No one is arguing otherwise.

Aye I know. But the powers that be have cited his poor attitude to training and fitness and seems some would be agreeing with that. It's balls.

Rooney out of shape. :lol:

There's barely a spare ounce on him.

Aye, Rooney is naturally thick-set, that's just the way he's built. Ben Arfa is a naturally skinny lad carrying some excess timber - I love the lad but he needs to sort that shit out tbh.

Guest Nixon

You can't simply blame Pardew. I'm not the silver fox's biggest fan, but Ben Arfa has been nothing short of an abomination this season. His own professionalism standards are disgusting.