Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I don't think there's anything that I hate more in fandom than people that hate flair players. It's always the same stereotype; show pony, lazy, doesn't track back etc etc.

Absolutely hate all of them and, ironically, those people tend to fit a stereotype as well. One or more of old, fat, thick as f***.

The opposite is just as common tbf, ie people who love every player who has a bit of flair. Just as ignorant.

"Hating" people on the basis of which footballers they like seems a bit juvenile, btw.

I like HBA, for the record.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think there's anything that I hate more in fandom than people that hate flair players. It's always the same stereotype; show pony, lazy, doesn't track back etc etc.

Absolutely hate all of them and, ironically, those people tend to fit a stereotype as well. One or more of old, fat, thick as f***.

The opposite is just as common tbf, ie people who love every player who has a bit of flair. Just as ignorant.

"Hating" people on the basis of which footballers they like seems a bit juvenile, btw.

I like HBA, for the record.

:catmag:

Guest firetotheworks

I keep having to stop myself from fantacising over what he'd be like under Keegan. I can't cope.

Guest Walter

I keep having to stop myself from fantacising over what he'd be like under Keegan. I can't cope.

:whatdidido: :weep:

I think I'll be like this when he leaves

Guest Walter

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pardew-hails-magnificent-ben-arfa-29580545.html

15 SEPTEMBER 2013

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew felt Hatem Ben Arfa was fully deserving of any praise coming his way after the France midfielder helped the Magpies secure a 2-1 victory over Aston Villa.

Ben Arfa was once again key for the Tyneside outfit as their steady improvement this season continued in the Barclays Premier League clash at Villa Park.

He opened the scoring from close range in the 18th minute and then, after Christian Benteke's headed equaliser in the 67th, drilled a 73rd-minute shot which was parried by Brad Guzan, who saw substitute Yoan Gouffran arrive in space to convert the loose ball.

Ben Arfa had netted a spectacular winner in Newcastle's last outing, a 1-0 triumph at home against Fulham, although after that game Pardew was keen to stress the 26-year-old had put in a very mixed performance.

But following the final whistle at Villa, the manager said of Ben Arfa: "He was brilliant.

"I think people will have been thrilled by him today.

"He was magnificent, unplayable really.

"I thought the (positive) reaction (from other people) to his performance last time was slightly over the top, but I don't think it can be this week.

"He really was very, very good."

Guest firetotheworks

West Brom away is up there as well, but he was brilliant against Villa. They gave him plenty of space mind, which is just suicide against Ben Arfa.

i know we take the piss about being proud to see our players leaving to sign for a big club, but if HBA leaves I would genuinely love it if went and won a load of trophies.

I remember that Villa game and how loads of us were saying it was the best individual attacking display we'd seen in years from an NUFC player.

:lol: Dude on HBA is gonna be trying to tackle him in his sleep tonight.

Won't be able to sit down for a week.

HBA: unbelievable.

Ben Arfa should make sure Luna gets his shirt

Hatem  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

HBA: God Mode.

Fantastic result. Ben Arfa was unplayable.

Great win. Hatem Ben Arfa was simply unplayable today - seriously. :coolsmiley:

Etc.

Played 1.5 more games before being dropped.

PS: Ben Arfa Vs Aston Villa (A) HD 720p 13/14 on YT.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember when he started playing in 11/12 and thinking "thank fuck he's no longer behind fucking Obertan in the pecking order. That'll never happen again"

2014, behind Gosling, Ameobi, Gouffran. How the fuck is there someone, not just a manager, that's that thick. It's staggering.

I remember that Villa game and how loads of us were saying it was the best individual attacking display we'd seen in years from an NUFC player.

:lol: Dude on HBA is gonna be trying to tackle him in his sleep tonight.

Won't be able to sit down for a week.

HBA: unbelievable.

Ben Arfa should make sure Luna gets his shirt

Hatem  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

HBA: God Mode.

Fantastic result. Ben Arfa was unplayable.

Great win. Hatem Ben Arfa was simply unplayable today - seriously. :coolsmiley:

Etc.

Played 1.5 more games before being dropped.

PS: Ben Arfa Vs Aston Villa (A) HD 720p 13/14 on YT.

Didn't do enough grafting though marra, should have played for the team rather than himself. Wouldn't see that from Engeerrland U21 star Dan "Gozza" Gosling, now there's a player with that English passion that you don't get from them soft frenchy lot.

I don't really want to read too much into his comments about us as a club because I think he can be a bit of a gobshite but the rest of it is bang on and I hope it helps to push AP out the door.

The timing of this stuff is also really interesting, I wonder what he seriously hopes to gain from it.

Wasn't Ben Arfa an absolute machine when we went on our big streak when we finished 5th? He's an enormous part of why Pardew still has support in our fanbase and in the press.

Guest firetotheworks

Wasn't Ben Arfa an absolute machine when we went on our big streak when we finished 5th? He's an enormous part of why Pardew still has support in our fanbase and in the press.

That front 4 with him Cisse, Ba and Cabaye were all absolute dynamite basically. They weren't always all firing on all cylinders at the same time, especially Ba and sometimes when Cabaye was a bit deeper, but generally one of them (other than Cisse at the time obviously) was on their game. Against West Brom they all were, but HBA stood out.

We all know that that was the last we saw of that formation though.