Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

It's more annoying that some people think Chris Hughton's something he's not because Nolan, Carroll and Coloccini won the Championship for him.

People like Chris Hughton because his era is the last time many of us can remember having any pride in the club and gave the club some real dignity. Two things Pardew has stripped away completely. No-one thinks he was a great manager but we had many great games under him that mean people remember him fondly (as they should).

We had some pretty shit ones as well.

Scunthorpe away

Doncaster at home

WBA away just before he got binned.

Lot of rose tinted specs about Hughton.

What a fucking cringe.

It's more annoying that some people think Chris Hughton's something he's not because Nolan, Carroll and Coloccini won the Championship for him.

People like Chris Hughton because his era is the last time many of us can remember having any pride in the club and gave the club some real dignity. Two things Pardew has stripped away completely. No-one thinks he was a great manager but we had many great games under him that mean people remember him fondly (as they should).

We had some pretty s*** ones as well.

Scunthorpe away

Doncaster at home

He wasn't the best manager around, absolutely not, but he was a likeable guy unlike the dick in charge of us right now.

Scunthorpe away

Doncaster at home

He wasn't the best manager around, absolutely not, but he was a likeable guy unlike the dick in charge of us right now.

He was the opposite extreme in terms of opening his gob to Pardew, would deny it was going to get dark at night.

Scunthorpe away

Doncaster at home

He was the opposite extreme in terms of opening his gob to Pardew, would deny it was going to get dark at night.

And your point is? You think Pardew is a better and more likeable manager?

Scunthorpe away

Doncaster at home

And your point is? You think Pardew is a better and more likeable manager?

nope.

Situation with Hatem is more sad when the thing we exactly need atm is a left footed right winger. Janmaat is so isolated there when Gouff plays on the wing. Or wherever he plays cause he is not helping at all going forward

No matter what you say about Hughton, like Pardew was an upgrade ffs. Hughton any day.

Fair enough, he wasn't tactically prolific but he installed a system that accommodated the strengths of the players that we had. Carroll developed very well under him, whilst he got Joey Barton to settle and made him a strong part of our team- his crossing and set piece delivery was fantastic for Carroll/Nolan. He even played Ben Arfa; he wasn't opposed to players who could create and destroy. We had a direct way of playing but it was very effective, as we stormed the Championship and got off to a pretty good start in the Premiership (when you take into account we actually invested minimally that summer we went up- only Ben Arfa, Tiote, Campbell, Perch, and Gosling brought in). He wasn't afraid of the mackems, or playing Arsenal/Chelsea away.

I've really ever felt so sick and angry at a decision at the club that I did over his sacking/Pardew's appointment. It was so obvious what had happened. It was even more obvious that Pardew was no more of an improvement than Chris, a step back in fact. Over the course of that season there were no obvious improvements to our style of play, nor was there an obvious system in place. And, once again, Pardew failed to cope with the selling of Carroll (a star player)- remember that 0-1 defeat away to Fulham that night? Dreadful, dreadful.

As people have stated, the pride that we had in our club was so much more (well, it actually existed) than what this cunt in charge has dragged us down to.

Ben Arfa started 3 times under Chris Hughton. That name really shouldn't be consistently appearing in this thread.

You also have to take into account Ben Arfa's injury (which was sustained whilst starting). I think it is fair to say that he valued Hatem a whole lot more than Pardew, as his approach/view on the game is definitely different to Pardew's.

Guest firetotheworks

The point you made about him playing Smith simply isn't true like. Once Tiote was in that was it. I dunno why you have such a hard on for disliking Hughton. I remember you being a lot more vocal about your dislike for him than you were of Pardew as well.

Both are negative coaches totally out of their depth in modern football management. Neither would have been hired by any club with self respect.

I know what you're saying like, but you make it sound like most football clubs are managed by visionary football philosophers or something. I would say Pardew and Bruce (although IMO Bruce is significantly better) are more the norm than the exception. Many clubs 'with self respect' would probably employ them or their like.

The point you made about him playing Smith simply isn't true like. Once Tiote was in that was it. I dunno why you have such a hard on for disliking Hughton. I remember you being a lot more vocal about your dislike for him than you were of Pardew as well.

He started with Alan Smith for the first 4 PL games back and most of the games in the Championship, but whatev. I think they're both poor managers but as people I despise Pardew and like Hughton. It was 4 years ago but I'm pretty sure I wasn't in favour of Hughton's sacking either.

Guest firetotheworks

He started with Alan Smith for the first 4 PL games back and most of the games in the Championship, but whatev. I think they're both poor managers but as people I despise Pardew and like Hughton. It was 4 years ago but I'm pretty sure I wasn't in favour of Hughton's sacking either.

You regularly called him a coward mind. He did play Smith in the Championship, then again, who else was there? And despite playing shit stuff, won matches. Could be wrong, but as I remember it, we signed Routledge, Guthrie moved into the middle and we looked a million times better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30540019

BBC

Hatem Ben Arfa: Hull defender to end season-long loan deal early

Hull manager Steve Bruce says midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa has played his last game for the club.

Ben Arfa, 27, missed the side's 2-0 defeat by Chelsea on Saturday, with City set to terminate his season-long loan from Newcastle early when the option comes up in January.

Bruce said: "Sometimes transfers don't work, especially with a loan deal."

Meanwhile, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has said Ben Arfa will not be returning to St James' Park. Hatem Ben Arfa

Made his professional debut with Lyon in 2004, clocking up 64 appearances and seven goals before leaving to join Marseille in 2008. Two years later, he joined Newcastle, scoring 13 times in 76 appearances. He went out on loan to Hull in September, but has been told by Hull and Newcastle that he will not be required from January onwards.

When asked about Ben Arfa's future at Newcastle, Pardew said: "He won't be coming back here, that's all I can say."

Ben Arfa has played just nine times for Hull since joining the club in September and Bruce said the relationship between the club and player had run its course.

"I'm disappointed more than anything," Bruce told BBC Radio Humberside. "We brought him in on a wave of publicity and there has been no fall-out or slanging match.

"His views of the game are different to mine. At any club you need to have a certain work ethic to get in the team. That's the frustrating thing.

"I hope Hatem takes in what I've had to say to him because his talent is there for all to see. But talent without hard work means you won't live up to your potential.

"Unfortunately, to play for me you have to know you are playing for the team. To be a great you have to be a team player."