Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 5m5 minutes ago

Hatem Ben Arfa: "OGC Nice is a club with a great identity."

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 4m4 minutes ago

Hatem Ben Arfa: "Within 10 minutes, my decision was made. Even if Real Madrid would have shown interest, I had said yes to Nice."

I can't for 1 f***ing second stand any post that has any bit of justification for the fact that we saw Marv, HBA, and now Cabella displaced by the likes of Obertan, Gosling, Gouffran and Jonas (and i love Jonas). I don't enjoy this sport by watching a RW graft his ass off, run the opposing winger out of play. Later that same f***ing player will be caught at his half way line jogging while a cross makes it through the back post and one of our attacks goes to waste. You watch football to be entertained or get results, we got neither with Pardew.

Every single time HBA got the ball on the right wing you stood and up, urged him on and anything could have happened. I refuse to allow some of these boring defeatist posts rain on what should be an enjoyable time for us as we finally got rid of the guy who nearly relegated us and drove many of our wonderful supporters and posters on here away.

:thup:

I just wish him well in France and hope he gets his career back on track. For all his faults, he provided some brief periods of highlights in one of the worst periods of being a Newcastle supporter in decades.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 5m5 minutes ago

Hatem Ben Arfa: "OGC Nice is a club with a great identity."

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 4m4 minutes ago

Hatem Ben Arfa: "Within 10 minutes, my decision was made. Even if Real Madrid would have shown interest, I had said yes to Nice."

:lol: Loves being in a small pond, HBA does.

Shame about what happened to his career here, and in general, but I won't be crying over him. (And no, this doesn't necessarily mean that I want to see cloggers like Gouffran and Gosling in the side.)

I just don't understand people who don't want him back here. Even if it was a detriment to the team, which I don't believe to be the case I couldn't care less if we lost two or three more games if HBA played every week because he would still do something brilliant at least 5 times a season that we will remember forever. Who cares whether we finish 8th or 12th. I'd rather finish 12th with some great memories of players like HBA and Perez scoring some great goals than finish 8th by playing long ball shit

I just don't understand people who don't want him back here. Even if it was a detriment to the team, which I don't believe to be the case I couldn't care less if we lost two or three more games if HBA played every week because he would still do something brilliant at least 5 times a season that we will remember forever. Who cares whether we finish 8th or 12th. I'd rather finish 12th with some great memories of players like HBA and Perez scoring some great goals than finish 8th by playing long ball s***

Yup. Hardly like we light up the PL the very least we can hope for is something immense to talk about

Ben Arfa starting RW for the remainder of the season would at least get us 6-10 points based on assists or random goals. I 100% believe that Gouffran playing in that same position does not offer the same points in regards to "defensive" contribution nor does he do anything in the attacking end.

It's disappointing how it's all turned out for him here but i'll reserve judgement fully until I see how he does at Nice as we aren't the first club he's fell out with.

Just wish someone had the balls to give some specifics about how he's supposedly so much of a twat behind the scenes rather than just vaguely alluding to it and trotting out the work rate line.

All we have to go off regarding his "attitude problems" is the club that admitted its penchant to the odd lie or two in the Keegan fiasco. You believe anything that comes from the propaganda machine then you're truly the "deluded Jawdees".

I have no doubt in my mind his attitude will have digressed the more he saw the likes of Oberwang play ahead of him, that would seriously affect my mental state towards my job if some, fresh off the dole chav for example was getting all the hours and plaudits at work for peregrinating whilst I was actually achieving things for the business. I defy anyone to say any different.

HBA time here will be fondly remembered and greatly missed as one of the actual footballers we owned at one time. No amount of club propaganda and history revisionism will change the memories I have through the power of sight. He tailed off at the end of his career due to the fact he was given 10 minute cameos in a downtrodden team devoid of ideas and bereft of stamina. Which brings me to my final point, remember a certain Mr Gullit bringing on Shearer against the SMB's and then blaming him for the loss? How is that any different? The fact that Shearer butted heads consistently with Gullit, does that make him a trouble maker that needed shifting out or just make him an astute player who can spot a bullshitting sub-standard manager? "Sexy football" my arse, "front foot football" my arse.

Viva la Ben Arfa!

I just don't understand people who don't want him back here. Even if it was a detriment to the team, which I don't believe to be the case I couldn't care less if we lost two or three more games if HBA played every week because he would still do something brilliant at least 5 times a season that we will remember forever. Who cares whether we finish 8th or 12th. I'd rather finish 12th with some great memories of players like HBA and Perez scoring some great goals than finish 8th by playing long ball s***

Surely, at the very very least, even the most ardent "Gouffran-atic" would see the value in having HBA on the bench as an option for 25 minutes should the game not be going to plan?!? He'd deserve better, but surely there isn't a sane person out there who can't see how HBA would be an asset to the club in some way, shape or form.

Instead of that, we haven't even let him go on a free we've paid him extra to leave early. Absolutely criminal, man!!!

I know it's not what you're suggesting but since it's been brought up I hated Hatem as a bench option like, it just gave fuel to the "BEN ARFA MAN!" mongs* whenever he didn't come out of the traps and win the game. It's a bit cliche, but he's a player who you're not paying justice to if you don't give him the full 90.

He's capable of being involved throughout but he's really only there for those game winning moments, and the less time he's on the pitch the less chance he has of pulling one off. The opposite is someone like Gouffran, who will give you the same consistently shit performance throughout the entire game, no real peaks and troughs on a bad day, just 90 minutes of bland shite.

*Ironically I remember suggesting Marv would be better for that role due to being pretty calm on the ball but he just received the same treatment.

Gouffran has ended up taking some real flak on here for doing what his dickhead of a manager told. The idea that a centre forward would be able to do a better job on the wing than a winger was frankly insane. But this is how a fan base has been brainwashed by the king, and now I look forward to the Palace supporters being subjected to the same hideous brain farts.

I've always felt a bit for Gouffran but there's no chance he's a centre forward, man. Not a good one anyway.

He scored a few goals once for us in succession but other than that his career, here and elsewhere, has hardly suggested it was the norm.

He might not be a very good one, but we definitely bought him as a striker, and that's where he was playing at his previous club. He's certainly not a winger that's for sure.

Guest firetotheworks

I've got no real sympathy for Gouffran in the way that I did for Jonas. For a couple of years Jonas was at least affective at defending even if I didn't like it. Gouffran on the other hand isn't any good at defending and doesn't put in anywhere near as much running as people take as a given. I've watched him waltz about and nothing is said but it's just accepted that HBA was lazy.