Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

agree, they don't sub him even when they go down to ten, which they did in that game. And he ultimately scored the pen that took them to a penalty shoot out. It's class, he's given free roam basically to do what he wants.

:thup: gets me genuinely angry how many moments like that we were robbed of, that happened in the 75th minute too, absolutely no chance Pardew keeps him on the pitch there. He comes off, that run doesn't happen, and instead of the thread growing 10 pages of adulation bordering on erotic fiction we have some mugs calling him a fat ball greedy muppet.

The whoe thing just irritates the fuck out of is.

It really is The Butterfly Effect.

agree, they don't sub him even when they go down to ten, which they did in that game. And he ultimately scored the pen that took them to a penalty shoot out. It's class, he's given free roam basically to do what he wants.

Manager has said over and over that he knew exactly who he was signing. Why in the living fuck would you want someone who can do that to defenses, wasting energy grafting his bollocks off as an auxiliary right back?

Ben Arfa going to Sunderland would be the thing that does me in like, no chance I could carry on living alongside that.

The thought of that makes me sick BUT Ben Arfa strikes me as the kind of guy that would not go to Sunderland regardless of the money on offer, despite the awful way he was treated by the management he clearly loves the fans

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine any of us managing him man. :lol: It would be the exact opposite of what happened when he was here. 'Yeah, nice goal Georgio, but why didn't you pass to Hatem?'

Imagine any of us managing him man. :lol: It would be the exact opposite of what happened when he was here. 'Yeah, nice goal Georgio, but why didn't you pass to Hatem?'

'Stop running back Hatem, let the defenders worry about that, you save your energy  :rose:'

Manager has said over and over that he knew exactly who he was signing. Why in the living f*** would you want someone who can do that to defenses, wasting energy grafting his bollocks off as an auxiliary right back?

:thup: I read this interview recently where Ben Arfa had said to Puel that sometimes he switches off in training. And Puel basically said I knew thi when we signed you, we signed you for your positives rather than negatives. He's managed him perfectly really

Sounds rather like Peul knows it's about the team and not about him. Unfortunately we had a manager who thought it was all about him, and as soon as Hatem criticised the long ball rubbish Pardew served up, that was it. Any excuse was then used to have a go at Hatem. It's amazing just how many fans fell for Pardew's nonsense, and still do to be honest.

That Stoke 5-1 game, after how Hatem played, to be dropped the following game was the exact moment i knew Pardew had it in for him and Hatem was done with us.

Manager has said over and over that he knew exactly who he was signing. Why in the living f*** would you want someone who can do that to defenses, wasting energy grafting his bollocks off as an auxiliary right back?

:thup: I read this interview recently where Ben Arfa had said to Puel that sometimes he switches off in training. And Puel basically said I knew thi when we signed you, we signed you for your positives rather than negatives. He's managed him perfectly really

Sounds rather like Peul knows it's about the team and not about him. Unfortunately we had a manager who thought it was all about him, and as soon as Hatem criticised the long ball rubbish Pardew served up, that was it. Any excuse was then used to have a go at Hatem. It's amazing just how many fans fell for Pardew's nonsense, and still do to be honest.

That Stoke 5-1 game, after how Hatem played, to be dropped the following game was the exact moment i knew Pardew had it in for him and Hatem was done with us.

He wrecked Stoke, like. Fucking so mad that he hit the crossbar late, wanted that goal so much.

Guest firetotheworks

An assist, won a penalty, hit the post, then the bar, completely took the piss out of them.

Dropped for this

http://img.morphthing.com/i/88587830/2/0/2318151b/Gouffran-jpg--7775590106-rihanna-jpg.jpeg

....."Good game, Hatem"

http://i.imgur.com/syydDL8.gif

Guest firetotheworks

That day man. I was in Japan at the time and woke my neighbours up by screaming and throwing my laptop up in the air when he scored that goal.

He was our genuine match winner, along with Cabaye. That's exactly what we need now, a match winner, not just functional, tidy bog standard footballers. We need that flair and off the cuff brilliance, players like Hatem drag their teammates to a better standard with them imo, the team becomes better as a whole.

Having limited managers is a killer too. One stops the other being as effective as it could and should be. Pardew was all about keeping it tight, didn't work like obviously. and i'd really like farmer face to be different, somewhat proving not to be but the Arsenal game was a genuine surprise with our play, still lost mind. Would loved to have had Hatem in that game.

Hatem Ben Arfa vs Stoke (Home - 5-1 - 26/12/13) World Class Performance

Magic Hatem

on you know where if anyone wants a re watch

I remember having money on him to score anytime in this game. Torn between elation and frustration. Was almost as bad as when I had money on us to win 4-0 at Southampton in the cup at (3-0 Dyers 'royal royce' performance.. Lua Lua denied last min pen)

Magic Hatem

Got 93 minutes over the next 4 games. 28 the game after this one.

Classic Pardew.

Magic Hatem

Got 93 minutes over the next 4 games. 28 the game after this one.

Classic Pardew.

Didn't need the threat, needed some graft and losses