Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

He wouldn’t work hard enough off the ball for him to be an option for Rafa. Yes he was a genius going forward, but Rafa aims to have everyone playing a part when not on the ball as well as being in possession.

This and this is why we can forget about players of this nature under Rafa.

He wouldn’t work hard enough off the ball for him to be an option for Rafa. Yes he was a genius going forward, but Rafa aims to have everyone playing a part when not on the ball as well as being in possession.

Was Luis Garcia a hard working battling midfielder? What about Benayoun?

Genuine question.

Guest Howaythetoon

Was Luis Garcia a hard working battling midfielder? What about Benayoun?

Genuine question.

I think he was, although he was a flair player of course. Class on his day I thought.

Rafa isn't averse to flair players, they just have to be extremely hard working, tactical and be of sound character and mentality.

Guest Howaythetoon

Benayoun was.

I always remember him being ace but can't actually remember at what :-D

Similar to Ritchie, but more guile and creativity when it came to forward passing?

Benayoun was.

I always remember him being ace but can't actually remember at what :-D

Similar to Ritchie, but more guile and creativity when it came to forward passing?

He was a really good striker of the ball, the Ritchie comparison is good but I think Ritchie's more like a scrapper, even on the ball it doesn't look clean and tidy. Benayoun to me always looked silky smooth with the ball at his feet, slower paced, but just a natural footballer.