Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

HBA is one of the last players Rafa would ever consider buying.

Works hard for the team? No.

Good attitude? No.

Works hard in training? Apparently not.

Let it go guys.

Loved him when he was here but this is spot on.

Still don't agree with the myth that he didn't work hard for the team when he was out on the pitch.

And certainly in comparison to other dross we had out there over the same period.

Anyway, that's a whole other thing.

If he'd buy into Rafa's philosophy imagine him in place of Ayoze. :lol:

Could see Hughton taking him again at Brighton.

Always thought that if any manager could put Ben Arfa straight, it would be Hughton. He seemed to play a big part in the signing, but didn't get the chance to work with him for any length of time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only weaknesses in Ben Arfa's game were in his head. Ball hogging, decision making, lack of team ethic and so on. Ability wise he had everything, but you need those other qualities to make the most of it.

I dunno like, as an individual I've seen Ben Arfa do things Mahrez could only dream of. They're similar players in the sense they run at teams and cut in the from the right, but at his best, Ben Arfa is a far stronger, more explosive & more skillful player and it makes him a cut above imo.

Mahrez may be a better team player but that's about it for me. Can't say I watch Leicester every week mind.

Agree; Mahrez is a better team player, especially with the style of play that won Leicester the title.

But Ben Arfa has far more raw talent and a much higher ceiling. Every game he shows flashes of potential that you would likely never see Mahrez show.

Agree; Mahrez is a better team player, especially with the style of play that won Leicester the title.

But Ben Arfa has far more raw talent and a much higher ceiling. Every game he shows flashes of potential that you would likely never see Mahrez show.

He's 31 in less than 4 months

In relation to talks about signing Ben Arfa everyone speaks of him thinking of how he was a few years ago. He's played the equivalent of 11 games in the last 1½ years