Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I'd argue Marveaux is the best "playmaker" in the squad. His technique on the ball, his vision and his passing are better than anyone else's in the squad. Apart from Hatem of course.

I know The King has successfully brainwashed some people but low work rate and lack of defensive application doesn't render a creative player useless.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The only thing I'm struggling to comprehend is your constantly tedious patter. Marveoux isn't a patch on Ben Arfa, he's not a patch on Demba Ba or Cabaye either, he's by no means a great footballer. He is however better than Dan Gosling and Shola Ameobi who he was constantly overlooked for due to his tendency to "go missing" in between his match winning performances.

He's very talented with the ball at his feet, he's weak as p*ss and doesn't have an ounce of graft in him though so he's finished here under this moron.

So why fawn over such mediocrity? That's what's embarrassing.

He might flatter to deceive for ten minutes or so but he has no place in a Premier League team. A glimpse or two isn't good enough & I'll be glad to see the back of him. A fit  & motivated HBA or any of the departed players who you mentioned before would massively influence a season - Marv is nowhere near being that player and never will be.

Apart  from the season he got the most assists for us of course? But that doesn't fit your tedious narrative

I remember a season when an old, obese, shot, John Barnes was our joint top scorer - on 7. Just as meaningless really - two s**** seasons. (europe aside)

Marveux played 36 games overall that season - many off the bench but that's when he should be making an impact - and what did he return, 5 or 6 assists?  ;D

:anguish: you said he has no place in a  premier league team. I conclusively proved that he does. Even in an awful one, he produced, given game time. You won't accept it because it doesn't fit your ridiculous assertion that he's "gash".

As for people fawning over mediocrity, I find that highly ironic coming from the bloke who defended pardew on here :lol:

Don't flatter yourself kid.

Anyway - watch what happens with Marveaux and get back to me.  :love:

Guest firetotheworks

No one's even fawning either, unless you consider having the opinion that there's more value in him playing ahead of Gosling, Shola and Obertan as fawning.

I don't, personally. I'd call it having eyes that are connected to your brain.

Guest Haris Vuckic

No one's even fawning either, unless you consider there being more value in him than Gosling, Shola and Obertan as fawning.

Fawning - displaying exaggerated flattery or affection; obsequious.

Balance the attitude on here against the relative ability of the player & you'll find that's exactly what it is.

Marveaux needs to play in Cabaye's AM role. If he's capable of playing very well against the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United in this role, as he did in the 2012/13 Christmas period, he should be in used in that role fairly regularly, and should have been thrown straight into that role in the first team on a permanent basis after Cabaye's sale. Instead, he's only played there a handful of times in the past few years because our manager is Alan Pardew and he has an entirely different set of ideas that involve ensuring Marveaux never gets near that role (e.g. sticking Shola up top and hoofing it to his head).

Guest Haris Vuckic

It feels unfair and harsh on the real Vuckic that i don't like him anymore and want him injured...

That post is straight out of RTG  ;D

The only thing I'm struggling to comprehend is your constantly tedious patter. Marveoux isn't a patch on Ben Arfa, he's not a patch on Demba Ba or Cabaye either, he's by no means a great footballer. He is however better than Dan Gosling and Shola Ameobi who he was constantly overlooked for due to his tendency to "go missing" in between his match winning performances.

He's very talented with the ball at his feet, he's weak as p*ss and doesn't have an ounce of graft in him though so he's finished here under this moron.

So why fawn over such mediocrity? That's what's embarrassing.

He might flatter to deceive for ten minutes or so but he has no place in a Premier League team. A glimpse or two isn't good enough & I'll be glad to see the back of him. A fit  & motivated HBA or any of the departed players who you mentioned before would massively influence a season - Marv is nowhere near being that player and never will be.

Apart  from the season he got the most assists for us of course? But that doesn't fit your tedious narrative

I remember a season when an old, obese, shot, John Barnes was our joint top scorer - on 7. Just as meaningless really - two shite seasons. (europe aside)

Marveux played 36 games overall that season - many off the bench but that's when he should be making an impact - and what did he return, 5 or 6 assists?  ;D

:anguish: you said he has no place in a  premier league team. I conclusively proved that he does. Even in an awful one, he produced, given game time. You won't accept it because it doesn't fit your ridiculous assertion that he's "gash".

As for people fawning over mediocrity, I find that highly ironic coming from the bloke who defended pardew on here :lol:

Why? Its exactly what a Pardew-drone would say and Pardew isn't anywhere near the population mean either.

I'd argue Marveaux is the best "playmaker" in the squad. His technique on the ball, his vision and his passing are better than anyone else's in the squad. Apart from Hatem of course.

I know The King has successfully brainwashed some people but low work rate and lack of defensive application doesn't render a creative player useless.

His calmness on the ball and the fact he's inherently a pass before shoot kinda guy helps him in that respect too. He looks a good player when he's allowed to play, and like Routledge he'll probably find a decent role in a good Premiership squad if he's allowed to.

I wouldn;t call it fawning over mediocrity like, it's just sad to see a creative playing wasting away in the reserves when we're crying out for creativity in the squad. To think some Newcastle United fans are happy with this kind of shit going on when the alternatives were Shola Ameobi and Dan Gosling :lol:

It feels unfair and harsh on the real Vuckic that i don't like him anymore and want him injured...

That post is straight out of RTG  ;D

One thing that is straight from RTG is a person who takes it literally instead of seeing the obvious of what i meant.

Guest firetotheworks

No one's even fawning either, unless you consider there being more value in him than Gosling, Shola and Obertan as fawning.

Fawning - displaying exaggerated flattery or affection; obsequious.

Balance the attitude on here against the relative ability of the player & you'll find that's exactly what it is.

Have you ever considered that you might be the one that's wrong considering you're in the minority of exactly 1?

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: Why do people engage such drivel?

:lol: Good point, I hate myself for it like, stopping now though I'm being boring.

Classic case of

http://prodigalthought.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/wrong.jpg

Depends what your definition of a "footballer" is?

Pardew's definition: Runs a lot, tackles a lot, doesn't take risks

Silvian is obviously not a footballer for the above cretin!!!

Depends what your definition of a "footballer" is?

Pardew's definition: Runs a lot, tackles a lot, doesn't take risks

Silvian is obviously not a footballer for the above cretin!!!

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2014/6/nike_football_the_scientist.jpg

Not sure how anyone with functioning eyes could claim Marveaux is an 'awful footballer', no matter how many other flaws he may have.

It'll be the same people who will have watched us exit from the WC totally confused how Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney didn't blow every other side away with their superior quality football.

I'm still not entirely sure if Marveaux is a good player, but there's something there from the little time he has spent in the team to suggest he would be worth persevering with. Especially as we have lacked creativity since Cabaye has gone.

Marveaux is the same as Ben Arfa, both have issues from a defensive point of view, but then it's just a case of building a balanced team which offers defensive solidity and some forward threat. Those two will offer far more forward threat, but Pardew needs 10 defenders first and foremost so that's what we end up with most weeks.

Before the abuse comes I'm not a Pardew fan, far from it, but have any of you actually wondered if maybe Marveaux and Ben Arfa just have an incredibly poor attitude and so haven't earned a first team place based on reputation and ability alone?

There was a time when Pardew visibly cherished Ben Arfa, there must have been a reason that went pear shaped? I know it's easier to blame Pardew for being a cunt and a poor tactician, but maybe Marv and Benny are just too laid back and not showing enough effort.

Like I said, Pardew is a cunt, I'm not doubting that, but these guys need to take some of the blame. Marv seems injury prone and downright lazy on the pitch, Ben Arfa is in poor shape physically. It's an idealistic point of view to expect the other 9 or 10 players to carry the flair players, however much we want to see them on the pitch.

On a lesser scale talent wise but a grander scale cunt wise, look at Nile Ranger, he was a cult hero here at first, we wanted him to get game time but he barely did. As time went on it became apparent that he was just a bell end with a horrible attitude.

You need to maintain a happy squad, not just one or two happy flair players. I'm not condoning anything Pardew does but we don't know the full story.