Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Before the abuse comes I'm not a Pardew fan, far from it, but have any of you actually wondered if maybe Marveaux and Ben Arfa just have an incredibly poor attitude and so haven't earned a first team place based on reputation and ability alone?

There was a time when Pardew visibly cherished Ben Arfa, there must have been a reason that went pear shaped? I know it's easier to blame Pardew for being a c*** and a poor tactician, but maybe Marv and Benny are just too laid back and not showing enough effort.

Like I said, Pardew is a c***, I'm not doubting that, but these guys need to take some of the blame. Marv seems injury prone and downright lazy on the pitch, Ben Arfa is in poor shape physically. It's an idealistic point of view to expect the other 9 or 10 players to carry the flair players, however much we want to see them on the pitch.

On a lesser scale talent wise but a grander scale c*** wise, look at Nile Ranger, he was a cult hero here at first, we wanted him to get game time but he barely did. As time went on it became apparent that he was just a bell end with a horrible attitude.

You need to maintain a happy squad, not just one or two happy flair players. I'm not condoning anything Pardew does but we don't know the full story.

It's interesting that you mention Nile Ranger, because after everything that happened, after he was thrown out of the squad for not showing up for training or for being late, Pardew publicly told us that he was going to give him a chance. We also had Yohan Cabaye who refused to play for us then walked straight back into the team.

IF Ben Arfa and Marveaux have bad attitudes then there's still a staggering case of double standards at the least. Cabaye was arguably our most important player, but I would have still had Ben Arfa on par as one of the most important. Ranger wasn't worth his salt as a footballer either, so it's not like it was Pardew overlooking someone like Suarez and giving him a chance.

Ben Arfa in particular was dropped immediately after being in excellent form. The exact series of events was:

Played away against Man City (4-0 without Cabaye)- Subbed for Shola Ameobi after 65 minutes

Played home against West Ham (0-0 without Cabaye) - Our main threat throughout

Played home against Fulham (1-0 Cabaye returns on 65 minutes) - Scored and was easily the best player on the pitch

Played away against Aston Villa (1-2 Cabaye starts) - Scored one, Gouffran scored from his saved shot and he generally took the p*ss out of Villa. Probably the best individual performance from last season, alongside Krul vs Spurs.

Played home against Hull (2-3) - He didn't track a winger, that put in a cross for Aluko to score a ridiculous goal

Played away against Everton but was shunned to the left wing (3-2) - He didn't play particularly well and was subbed at half time for Cabaye.

Benched away against Cardiff (1-2) and didn't come on.

Played home against Liverpool (2-2) with 10 men - He played well and was subbed for Shola Ameobi on 78 minutes.

Played away at Sunderland (2-1)  - I don't remember anyone's performance from that

Benched home against Chelsea (2-0) and didn't come on.

Benched away to Spurs (0-1) in a match I would say is the luckiest for us that I've ever seen.

We didn't see him again until he got 10 minutes at 1-1 at home to Southampton.

He then got 10 minutes against Palace and scored a pen.

Started home to Stoke (5-1) - Stoke had 2 players sent off but Ben Arfa was the best player on the field, getting an assist, winning a pen, hitting the bar and the post.

Benched home to Arsenal and didn't come on.

It's indefensible. Whichever way you want to look at it, we had and have significantly worse options than Ben Arfa that are used much more, that do less and are forgiven. Ben Arfa hasn't tracked back in a match, he's been moved to another position and then subbed at half time. He then gets 10 minute cameos to 'do something' then he starts, runs riot, then gets benched. It's laughable.

That bit in bold is effectively the only mistake that he was allowed for the entirety of last season, whilst Shola, Gosling and (towards the end) Gouffran were afforded every amount of being s*** and would start the next match.

Before the abuse comes I'm not a Pardew fan, far from it, but have any of you actually wondered if maybe Marveaux and Ben Arfa just have an incredibly poor attitude and so haven't earned a first team place based on reputation and ability alone?

Yep thought about it, and then considered the contrary evidence that shows Pardew to be a complete and utter mug and have come to the conclusion that it's his fault. He's a shit manager and a vindictive arsehole and he's managed them both horrifically.

I've gave my reasons before for why he's mismanaged them both, as have others.

My point is, or at least should have been, that maybe it's just a combination of the two at a really unfortunate time?

Pardew being a stubborn cunt and Ben Arfa and Marv not applying themselves correctly. Under a different manager there'd be a different outcome, and maybe if they applied themselves properly for the club and the shirt from day 1 and every day since then, a different outcome again?

He's never really been shown to punish them or drop them exclusively on the back of bad behavior though.

Ben Arfa wasn't dropped for his bad attitude until the end of last season, before that he was cast out "becuz his stats wuzn't right." Pardew constantly bigged him up until he went on his little revolt.

Same with Marveux who at one point was his "bit o magic" until he failed to drag him out of the shit a few times, then like Hatem he was back to cameos when we were 2 goals down with 10 minutes to go and then blamed for the defeat and never seen again forever.

Their problem is they aren't hard working players defensively, they're forwards, and that probably does show up in training too.

There was a time when Pardew visibly cherished Ben Arfa, there must have been a reason that went pear shaped? I know it's easier to blame Pardew for being a c*** and a poor tactician, but maybe Marv and Benny are just too laid back and not showing enough effort.

Like I said, Pardew is a c***, I'm not doubting that, but these guys need to take some of the blame. Marv seems injury prone and downright lazy on the pitch, Ben Arfa is in poor shape physically. It's an idealistic point of view to expect the other 9 or 10 players to carry the flair players, however much we want to see them on the pitch.

On a lesser scale talent wise but a grander scale c*** wise, look at Nile Ranger, he was a cult hero here at first, we wanted him to get game time but he barely did. As time went on it became apparent that he was just a bell end with a horrible attitude.

You need to maintain a happy squad, not just one or two happy flair players. I'm not condoning anything Pardew does but we don't know the full story.

It's interesting that you mention Nile Ranger, because after everything that happened, after he was thrown out of the squad for not showing up for training or for being late, Pardew publicly told us that he was going to give him a chance. We also had Yohan Cabaye who refused to play for us then walked straight back into the team.

IF Ben Arfa and Marveaux have bad attitudes then there's still a staggering case of double standards at the least. Cabaye was arguably our most important player, but I would have still had Ben Arfa on par as one of the most important. Ranger wasn't worth his salt as a footballer either, so it's not like it was Pardew overlooking someone like Suarez and giving him a chance.

Ben Arfa in particular was dropped immediately after being in excellent form. The exact series of events was:

Played away against Man City (4-0 without Cabaye)- Subbed for Shola Ameobi after 65 minutes

Played home against Fulham (1-0 Cabaye returns on 65 minutes) - Scored and was easily the best player on the pitch

Played away against Aston Villa (1-2 Cabaye starts) - Scored one, Gouffran scored from his saved shot and he generally took the p*ss out of Villa. Probably the best individual performance from last season, alongside Krul vs Spurs.

Played home against Hull (2-3) - He didn't track a winger, that put in a cross for Aluko to score a ridiculous goal

Played away against Everton but was shunned to the left wing (3-2) - He didn't play particularly well and was subbed at half time for Cabaye.

Played home against Liverpool (2-2) with 10 men - He played well and was subbed for Shola Ameobi on 78 minutes.

Played away at Sunderland (2-1)  - I don't remember anyone's performance from that

Benched away to Spurs (0-1) in a match I would say is the luckiest for us that I've ever seen.

Started home to Stoke (5-1) - Stoke had 2 players sent off but Ben Arfa was the best player on the field, getting an assist, winning a pen, hitting the bar and the post.

It's indefensible. Whichever way you want to look at it, we had and have significantly worse options than Ben Arfa that are used much more, that do less and are forgiven. Ben Arfa hasn't tracked back in a match, he's been moved to another position and then subbed at half time. He then gets 10 minute cameos to 'do something' then he starts, runs riot, then gets benched. It's laughable.

That bit in bold is effectively the only mistake that he was allowed for the entirety of last season, whilst Shola, Gosling and (towards the end) Gouffran were afforded every amount of being s*** and would start the next match.

Pardew supporters and anti-Ben Arfa-ites are much like the Tea Party supporters in the US: facts, evidence and figures be damned, their 'beliefs' are all that matter.

I'm so tired of repeating the same stats to these people that I applaud KI simply for having the patience to regurgitate them for the umpteenth time. I no longer have that patience and just want to slap them.

Kid Icarus is spot on.

Ben Arfa had one particularly bad game at home to Hull where he just didn't look right at all.

That was basically it then. He was in an out the team, mainly out, for the rest of the season. Even though he looked a little bit chunky he was still producing some outstanding moments during his cameos and was more than deserving of being back in the starting line-up.

I always thought it must be a personal thing for Pardew because he never ever held the other players against the same standards that he does Ben Arfa.

One mistake and he was out. Whereas we would see countless others, losing the ball, not tracking back etc but for some reason they were always let off.

Pardew is just a fucking hypocrite. 

Pardew supporters and anti-Ben Arfa-ites are much like the Tea Party supporters in the US: facts, evidence and figures be damned, their 'beliefs' are all that matter.

I'm so tired of repeating the same stats to these people that I applaud KI simply for having the patience to regurgitate them for the umpteenth time. I no longer have that patience and just want to slap them.

Give it a rest. If you'd read my post properly you'd see that I'm not in favour of Pardew at all.

Guest neesy111

Delighted that Tom has crawled back from Toontastic with a sackful of horrendous patter now that the heat has died down on Pards. :thup:

WAT?

If it werent for that fact Ben arfa was shat upon from a great height I don't think so many would react so violently to criticism towards marveaux, ads style criticism not HV drivel. A player having a bad attitude and pardew being a bellend aren't mutually exclusive, although the latter probably caused the former.

The guy said "Pardew is a cunt" something like five times in his original post :lol: How does he end up being a Pardew supporter

Wasn't aimed at him specifically, but more at the Anti Ben Arfa types, I just threw in the Pardew supporters in there to highlight they suffer from the same delusion.

My brush has extremely large and wide bristles and tars all and sundry in its wake.

Give it a rest. If you'd read my post properly you'd see that I'm not in favour of Pardew at all.

I know, I know, I was simply demonstrating that it's a shared symptom. :razz:

I know, I know, I was simply demonstrating that it's a shared symptom. :razz:

I get what you're saying! But I'm neither a Pardew supporter, nor am I against Ben Arfa, I'd just rather a fully fit and well applied Ben Arfa.

Reduced to flogging a 27 yr old Ben Arfa for £3m. So much for Ashley getting full value for our players. Pardew has wiped at least £12m off his price in the space of 24 months.

Even better is that he's managed to turn a free transfer (Marv) into a negative value asset as he's adding nothing to the team and costing us wages :lol:

Pards, the master of the reverse midas, can take something worth £0 and make it worth less.  Legend.