Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

On pure talent alone

Ben Arfa, Ginola, Robert, Cabaye

In terms of effectiveness

Robert, Ginola, Ben Arfa, Cabaye

Guest neesy111

Robert is probably after Shearer, Ferdinand and Beardsley the most effective NUFC I've seen in my lifetime.  Every game he would produce either 1 killer pass, cross, shot or corner.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah that's probably where I'd have it,  Ginola before Robert probably just as a preference

Ginola's one of my favourite Newcastle players of all time, but if I'm completely honest with myself he was probably only really as effective as Robert or more from August to January 95/96 and then for maybe October/November in 96/97.

I was genuinely heartbroken at 11/12 when Dalglish came in and froze him out.

Guest neesy111

Robert was mental good, shame his time here sort of fizzled out. The sale of grey kegs hasn't been the same since.

What a sight.

8379463787_2c20e375a2.jpg

Guest neesy111

I still know quite a few NUFC supporters who say Robert only looked good because he was in good side.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that's probably where I'd have it,  Ginola before Robert probably just as a preference

Ginola's one of my favourite Newcastle players of all time, but if I'm completely honest with myself he was probably only really as effective as Robert or more from August to January 95/96 and then for maybe October/November in 96/97.

I was genuinely heartbroken at 11/12 when Dalglish came in and froze him out.

Was weird. During the run-in he sort of stumbled across using Ferdinand, Asprilla & Shearer as a front three with Elliott either left-midfield if he played two of them or left of a midfield three if he went with the lot of them and it kicked us on to finish 2nd.

Just checked up that run-in. Last 6 games we played those 3 up front four times and we won four, scoring 12 times. That included a 1-0 win at Highbury. We then got two 0-0s with two up front at West Ham & Man Utd.

A shame that wasn’t what Dalglish’s whole era was like because it was almost as if it was all-out attack when he knew we could stuff a side but could set up to get a clean sheet if he needed too. Shame. :lol: