Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I still know quite a few NUFC supporters who say Robert only looked good because he was in good side.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tbf, the stick he got once Souness came in sums up how some would have perceived him in a poorer side imo - basically the same way some viewed Ben Arfa.

He’s very different to most dribblers. He’s got an awareness, not just of the space in front of the defender and the ball at his feet, but the space around them both and the players coming next. That first touch after the 1-2 where he knocks it instantly past the defender is a great example. Ridiculous to watch.

He’s very different to most dribblers. He’s got an awareness, not just of the space in front of the defender and the ball at his feet, but the space around them both and the players coming next. That first touch after the 1-2 where he knocks it instantly past the defender is a great example. Ridiculous to watch.

Yeah, I've always been amazed by how perfectly weighted his touches are during his dribbles. He's not the kind of dribbler where the ball particularly seems to stick to his feet, but a lot more of the sort you've described. I somehow find it more exciting seeing him running between these touches than just a dribbler with glue on their boots.

Redic touch after the 1-2, holy shit :lol: